Reliability & Maintainability Engineer - New GradBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 15169 Date posted 01/12/2019 City Cedar Rapids State Iowa Country United States
Requisition ID: 15169
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
We are seeking individuals with the technical skills and personal leadership attributes to help enhance communications systems development through the application of reliability and maintainability techniques. The successful candidate will participate in all phases of the product lifecycle for our communication products, utilizing reliability and maintainability methodologies as they apply in our systems engineering processes. Key responsibilities include the following: reliability and maintainability support to new development programs, reliability and maintainability predictions and analysis, testability analysis, maintainability demonstrations, mean time between failure and repair time predictions, diagnostic information definition, and highly accelerated stress testing. A background in communications systems, avionics maintenance, performing FMEA/FMECA and organizational level testability analyses, BIT design and verification experience, and the ability to develop diagnostics at the system level is a plus.
Candidates must have the following:
- U.S. Citizenship
- Must possess or be eligible for obtaining and maintaining a U.S. DOD Secret Clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
- Basic circuit analysis knowledge
- Understanding of the systems engineering lifecycle
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact and build trust with team members from many different backgrounds, including engineering management, engineering teams, program management, business development, support groups, and subcontractors
Preferred experience and skills include
- Understanding of basic radio functional operation, performance specifications, and validation techniques
- Knowledge of how to apply reliability and maintainability techniques to the systems engineering lifecycle
- Knowledge of MIL-HDBK-217 reliability standards
- Understanding of:
- Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analysis
- Maintainability analysis and predictions
- Performance of Built In Test (BIT) design / verification analysis, testability analysis
- Accelerated Stress Testing, such as Highly Accelerated Life Test processes (HALT), Reliability Enhancement Test (RET), Environmental Stress Screening (ESS), Highly Accelerated Stress Screening (HASS).
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.