Displays Software Engineering Co-op (Summer/Fall 2019)Businesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 15254 Date posted 01/12/2019 City Cedar Rapids State Iowa Country United States
Requisition ID: 15254
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE
This engineering co-op position is targeting a driven individual who is passionate about the aviation industry, strives to challenge and apply their abilities, and desires to work with a team to produce superior quality software. The session would run from May/June 2019 to December 2019. The co-op experience could expose you to a variety of tasks, including but not limited to:
- Design, code, integrate, regression test, test and document software in areas such as: requirements development, software problem reports, change requests, software components, and software test scripts.
- Performs in cross-functional team efforts in integration, verification and validation for products and subsystems.
- Understand and utilize elementary problem-solving techniques.
- Must be registered as a full-time student in an undergraduate technical BS degree program. Co-op must be accepted in to their respective school's cooperative education program (where applicable) and should begin their co-op experience no earlier than beginning of sophomore year. Co-ops progress into higher labor grades and receive greater responsibility and exposure when they return for each new work session.
- Registered college student pursuing a technical undergraduate BS degree. Student must be enrolled in an accredited 2 or 4 year institution.
- Student must be registered and accepted into their respective school's co-operative program.
- Student must have basic skills and qualities that should align with skills and qualities comparable to peers in the same organization.
- Provides complimentary technical support to a department and performs various duties dependent upon the department in which the position resides.
- This position orients the student to the technical environment. It may include assignments in the electrical, computer, aerospace, industrial or mechanical engineering or computer science disciplines.
- Co-ops are required to take a semester off of school to gain full-time work experience, therefore this position is an extension/addition to the student's education and career.
- Pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM program including Computer/Software/
- Must be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. US Citizenship is required.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.