Accessories Product Line Manager - IntertradeBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01338767 Date posted 07/30/2019 City Cedar Rapids State Iowa Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HIA33: Cedar Rapids, IA (Intertrade) 400 Collins Road NE MS 153-220, Cedar Rapids, IA, 52411-6636 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At Collins Aerospace, our customers are at the core of our business. And meeting each of their unique needs is the key to our success. The Customer & Account Management organization plays a critical role at Collins Aerospace both internally and externally. We provide executive-level support to major original equipment manufacturers and defense customers, and support our Strategic Business Units (SBUs) by augmenting key relationships and maintaining an excellent customer experience. Internally, we develop and support our SBUs by strategically planning and capturing future growth opportunities while ensuring customer satisfaction. If you want to advance your career while contributing to a vision that helps our customers redefine the aerospace industry, then consider landing here!
Responsible for inventory management, setting purchase prices and sale prices of inventory. Capable of reviewing current stock levels and understanding market trends to ensure the right product is available at the right time. Functions on own in most settings and collaborates with other product line managers to facilitate package purchase opportunities and building contact network with purchase and repair vendors. Identifies opportunities to bundle purchase and sale transactions with industry peers. Attends industry trade events and supports customer and vendor visits to build market network and market understanding.
- Develops project plans, schedules, and budgets for projects under his/her responsibility and suggests appropriate adjustments to ensure adherence to the established project plan, schedule, and budget.
- Documents and records delays, changes in scope, and any other incidents that impact the scope of work or schedule.
- Develops project budget and scope and pursues all cost saving opportunities to maximize project profitability.
- Performs critical path analysis and prepares and implements work-around plans to ensure the successful completion of projects.
- Conducts meetings, consolidates, and presents plans and progress reports relating to business aspects of the project(s).
- Identifies and reacts to project problems and recommends solutions, such as reallocating resources or changing contractual specifications.
- Oversees and manages the life-cycle and operational aspects of projects, and liaises between project management and planning, project team, and line management.
- Reviews status of projects and budgets, manages schedules and prepares status reports.
- Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Regularly interacts and interfaces with customers.
- May have business development responsibilities.
This position may be located in the following locations:
- Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Boca Raton, Florida
- Dallas, Texas
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms