Technical SourcerBusinesses United Technologies Corp. Headquarters Job ID 01307130 Date posted 04/09/2019 City Brooklyn State New York Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:UTNB1: Corp - Brooklyn NY 55 Water St, Brooklyn, NY, 11201 USA
United Technologies Corporation (UTC; NYSC: UTX) is headquartered in Farmington, CT, just outside of Hartford, CT. We employ over 204,000 talented individuals globally, achieve net sales in excess of $60 billion, and invest $4B each year back into research & development activities. Our aerospace businesses include Pratt & Whitney aircraft engines and UTC Aerospace Systems – the combination of which make us the largest aerospace company in the world. Our commercial businesses include Otis elevators and escalators and UTC Climate, Controls & Security – a leading provider of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, fire and security systems and building automation controls.
United Technologies Corporation (UTC) was founded by some of the world’s greatest inventors. We helped build the Second Industrial Revolution and brought about a century of urbanization and globalization. Now we need your help to build the next one.
Tech@UTC is the UTC technology organization, comprised of the global engineering function, several focused centers of expertise, our skunkworks organization – United Technologies Advanced Projects (UTAP), and our advanced Research & Development lab – United Technologies Research Center (UTRC). By combining a passion for science with precision engineering, we create smart, sustainable solutions that prove we can do the big things the right way. We put the “T” in UTC.
We challenge you to bring your energy and awe inspiring sourcing skills in the Technology space to our newly created Technical Recruiting team at UTC!
As a Sourcer, you will support the recruiting and pipelining activities of our Tech@UTC organization.
- Source and recruit the best technical talent for immediate needs and proactive pipelining
- Consult with hiring managers on all things related to hiring and recruiting for their team
- Source, screen and present candidates to recruiters and hiring managers
- Build relationships with candidates and stay in constant contact
- Key user of our Candidate Relationship Management tool
- Support key pipelining projects
- You will partner with the Technical Recruiting Team as well as Human Resources team to drive consistency, integration, and communication.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Resourceful and resilient with a heightened and self-imposed sense of urgency
- Results oriented with excellent communication and customer focus
- Energy – a positive attitude that will add spark to the team
- Adaptability – a quick learner who can acclimate as easily to new technology as a variety of management styles
- A strong interest in technology is a must, experience recruiting engineering, product or design candidates
- Take being internet savvy to the next level
- Apply out-of-the-box thinking when it comes to sourcing and recruiting: cold calling potential candidates and companies, organizing and executing networking events, identifying technical experts and finding unique methods to engage with them, create unique targeted sourcing campaigns, etc.
- Candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, 8+ years of sourcing/recruiting experience, including 5+ years’ experience sourcing for technical positions
- Knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems, Candidate Relationship Management tools, Digital Interviewing as well as multiple sourcing tools such as Stack Overflow, HIRED, Github, LinkedIn, etc.
- Must be comfortable learning how to effectively use new technology
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment with high volume demands
- Strong ability to assess talent and make recommendations on alternate profiles to consider
- Demonstrated ability to build and foster strong relationships with hiring managers at all levels
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms