Senior Data ScientistBusinesses United Technologies Corp. Headquarters Job ID 01292888 Date posted 02/08/2019 City Brooklyn State New York Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:UTNB1: Corp - Brooklyn NY 55 Water St, Brooklyn, NY, 11201 USA
United Technologies Corporation (UTC) has a deep history of innovation that brings together big thinkers, problem solvers and a culture for pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. Our global reach and rich history uniquely positions us to succeed in the new digital economy. Our investment in digital innovations will make travel better, people safer and urbanizing cities more comfortable and connected.
UTC is committed to leading in the digital era and will unleash the size and scale of its businesses on the digital world of big data and the Internet of Things. We are looking for the very best thought and technology leaders who will help grow our Digital Accelerator in Brooklyn, NY. Come join us in this journey.
About United Technologies NYSE UTX:
With revenues of approximately $57 billion, United Technologies Corporation (UTC) is a Fortune 50 company that provides high technology products and services for the aerospace and commercial building industries. Our aerospace businesses include Pratt & Whitney and UTC Aerospace Systems. Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines. UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced, aerospace and defense products.
Our commercial building businesses include Otis Elevator and Climate, Controls & Security. Otis is the world’s largest manufacturer and maintainer of people-moving products, including elevators, escalators and moving walkways. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems. These companies are leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings.
Ranked among the world’s greenest companies, we do business in virtually every country of the world and have over 200,000 employees globally.
We are seeking highly motivated data scientists to join the UT Digital team in Brooklyn, NY. We are looking for people who have a passion for analyzing and uncovering digital insights from large, complex streams of data derived from the worlds most advanced aerospace, aviation and building management systems.
As a member of the team, you will work on the research, development, and implementation of complex machine learning systems to predict rare events and faults in aerospace and building system components.
This position will provide the unique opportunity to operate in a start-up-like environment within a Fortune 50 company. Our digital focus is geared towards releasing the insights inherent UTCs best-in-class products and services. Together we aim to achieve new levels of productivity by changing the way we work and identifying new sources of growth for our customers.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Develop models and algorithms that will improve how we design, manufacture, monitor, and maintain industrial assets such as jet engines, aviation systems, elevators, HVAC, and other commercial systems
- Conduct exploratory data analysis
- Participate in early stage R&D work to further advance the ML platform
- Consult on data science projects underway in the business units
- Collaborate with software development to implement and deploy newly developed technologies and algorithms
- Work with business units as a lead data scientist to implement real-world critical use cases on the platform
- Present to and interact with executive and technical leadership to present results, operationalize machine learning systems, and foster adoption.
- Build scripts to automate, clean, transform, cross-reference and merge large sources of data utilizing Python
- Results-oriented with a strong sense of ownership in delivering for our customer and businesses
- 7+ years related experience
- Deep knowledge of machine learning, statistics, optimization or related field
- Experience with R, Python, Perl, Matlab
- Experience with industrial/commercial applications of data science including prognostic and health management, supply chain optimization, and human capital management is a significant plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to well work in cross functional teams
- Work experience in programming, data science, machine learning
- Motivated self-starter with a strong enthusiasm to learn
- Results-oriented with strong communication and customer focus
- Ability to deal well with ambiguous and undefined problems
- Degree in engineering, computer science, statistics, or operations research or related technical discipline
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.