Front End / Full Stack Engr – Return to Work in Software EngrgBusinesses United Technologies Corp. Headquarters Job ID 01338171 Date posted 07/25/2019 City Brooklyn State New York Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:UTNB1: Corp - Brooklyn NY 55 Water St, Brooklyn, NY, 11201 USA
The UTC Re-Empower Program is a return to work program that helps support talented and committed professionals as they rebuild their capabilities, improve leadership skills, and continue their professional journey. The program consists of a 16-week comprehensive cohort assignment, which offers a rich and rewarding experience and mentorship for program participants transitioning back into the workforce after a 2+ year career break, for reasons such as childcare, eldercare, career path change, illness, retirement or other personal matters. Selected experienced professionals will gain paid, on-the-job experience, have an opportunity to participate in sessions with leadership, develop personalized plans for success and receive mentoring to guide their return to work experience. Upon completion of the 16-week program, based on performance,
Re-Empower participants may have an opportunity to convert to a full-time role.
The Fall 2019 Cohort of the UTC Re-Empower Program will run from September 4 – December 20, 2019.
To qualify for the UTC Re-Empower Program, candidates must meet both program and position requirements.
Currently be on a break of at least two years or more OR be a transitioning member of the U.S. Military
Have a minimum of five years of professional work experience
Have an interest in returning to work in a full-time position
Have an ability to attend the Re-Empower Program Orientation at UTC Headquarters in Farmington, CT on September 4 - 6, 2019.
United Technologies Corp. (UTC; NYSC: UTX), headquartered in Farmington, Connecticut, is a global leader in aerospace and building technologies. Our aerospace businesses — Collins Aerospace Systems and Pratt & Whitney — are redefining the future of flight with next-generation aircraft engines and integrated systems and components. Our commercial businesses — Carrier and Otis — are pioneering intelligent building solutions and services that enable people to live and work in more modern, safe, secure and sustainable environments. We are a company of 240,000 people, founded by some of the world’s greatest inventors and committed to tackling some of society’s biggest challenges.
Ranked among the world’s greenest companies, we do business in virtually every country of the world and have over 196,000 employees globally.
We are seeking a highly motivated Software Developer who will directly impact the next-generation of our products and services. You will play a hands-on role in the design and development of new digital apps as well as improvements to our existing digital portfolio. In this position you will be exposed to all software system components, including the UI, backend systems, database, performance tuning, security design, and mobile and desktop deployment. You will have the ability to grow your experience and explore new technologies within our cross-collaboration team setting that is leading the digital transformation for United Technologies.
As a member of a cross-functional team of product managers, software architects and designers, you will combine your software development and analytical skills to build web & mobile apps that solve real world problems leveraging best of breed digital technologies. This role will also work closely with UTC’s engineering, design, operations, marketing and service delivery teams to challenge the boundaries of what’s possible.
This position will provide the unique opportunity to operate in a start-up-like environment within a Fortune 50 company. Our digital focus is geared towards releasing the insights inherent UTC’s best-in-class products and services. Together we aim to achieve new levels of productivity by changing the way we work and identifying new sources of growth for our customers.
- Develop and maintain user-facing features
- Ensure technical feasibility of UI/UX requirements
- Optimize application code for speed and scalability
- Identify strategies to systemically improve code quality
- Automate repetitive tasks and enhance the developer experience
- Execute full lifecycle software development using cutting edge technologies and techniques
- Program well-designed, testable, efficient code with good documentation
- Collaborate with engineering project team to plan, create and update standards for delivery
- Manage individual deadlines and deliverables within project teams
- Excellent analytical, communication, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability and eagerness to pass on knowledge to other team members
- Ability to define and develop improved working practices
- Organizational and presentation skills
- Can demonstrate close working relationships with “back-end” engineers and understand how best to integrate a front-end toolchain into a modern web stack
- A sincere commitment to crafting readable and reliable code
- Experience in web application development and associated skills (REST, HTTP, JSON)
- Usage of dependency bundling tool (Webpack, Browserify)
- Experience with browser testing and debugging
- Affinity for profiling and analyzing code to identify areas for improvement
- Experience working in a Test Driven and Agile environment
- Experience with micro-service oriented application architecture
- Experience rapid prototyping and concept development
- University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 7 years of prior relevant experience, or an Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 5 years experience.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms