Automation EngineerBusinesses United Technologies Corp. Headquarters Job ID 01326848 Date posted 06/12/2019 City Brooklyn State New York Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:UTNB1: Corp - Brooklyn NY 55 Water St, Brooklyn, NY, 11201 USA
United Technologies Corporation (UTC) has a deep history of innovation that brings together big thinkers, problem solvers and a culture for pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. Our global reach and rich history uniquely positions us to succeed in the new digital economy. Our investment in digital innovations will make travel better, people safer and urbanizing cities more comfortable and connected.
UTC is committed to leading in the digital era and will unleash the size and scale of its businesses on the digital world of big data and the Internet of Things. We are looking for the very best thought and technology leaders who will help grow our Digital Accelerator in Brooklyn, New York – In a vibrant, urban, oasis overlooking the iconic Brooklyn Bridge. Come join us in this journey.
About United Technologies – NYSE UTX:
With revenues of approximately $59 billion, United Technologies Corporation (UTC) is a Fortune 100 company that provides high technology products and services for the aerospace and commercial building industries. Our aerospace businesses include Pratt & Whitney and Collins Aerospace. Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines. Collins Aerospace is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced, aerospace and defense products.
Our commercial building businesses include Otis Elevator and Climate, Controls & Security. Otis is the world’s largest manufacturer and maintainer of people-moving products, including elevators, escalators and moving walkways. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems. These companies are leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings.
Ranked among the world’s greenest companies, we do business in virtually every country of the world and have over 200,000 employees globally.
We are looking for someone who lives the DevOps lifestyle and strives to make everything easier through automation to join our team in Brooklyn at the United Technologies Digital Accelerator as an Automation (aka DevOps) Engineer. Come work with a small like-minded team to help deliver new digital experiences for intelligent buildings, connected food, and aerospace. Maximize feedback and minimize friction.
Experience as key contributor in an industry-leading DevOps-oriented team is a must. You have a toolchain you love but are flexible as needed and always experimenting with better ways to improve software delivery and operate platforms. You must be a proven self-starter that is capable of working in fast-pace environment and able to mentor and nurture best-practices as we grow.
In this role, you will work with user experience, product, data science, and engineering teams to build highly automated operational environments that support the lifecycle of digital services.
This position will provide the unique opportunity to operate in a start-up-like environment within a Fortune 100 company. Our digital focus is geared towards releasing the insights inherent UTC's best-in-class products and services. Together we aim to achieve new levels of productivity by changing the way we work and identifying new sources of growth for our customers.
What You’ll Do
- Build and deploy automated software deployment pipelines, infrastructure-as-code, configuration management, and monitoring tools.
- Support selection of DevOps toolchain services through hands-on research, evaluation, and proof-of-concept work.
- Work across a diverse set of stakeholders to understand unique team needs and devise creative solutions that help increase the velocity of software delivery.
- Be a vocal advocate for DevOps principles and infrastructure-as-code.
- Document best practices to support the broader software engineering community at UTC.
- Experience leading and project managing complex, large scale, IT/technical/engineering initiatives.
- 5+ years in a client facing role.
- PMP or SCRUM/Agile certified.
- Experience utilizing implementing cloud services and solutions.
- Deep understanding of software development/engineering lifecycle from conception to delivery.
- Experience working with technology infrastructure projects (IoT, networks, storage etc.).
- Prior experience working with or managing large technical programs, particularly at high growth startups or Fortune 500 companies.
- Understanding of large-scale application architecture and integration patterns.
- Experience in software engineering with skills writing infrastructure-as-code with tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet.
- Complete and total aversion to any mundane, wasteful, and repetitive work.
- Ability to write great code and scripts.
- Deep understanding of Agile philosophy, continuous delivery, cloud-native and micro-service architectures.
- Solid foundation in networking, storage, and systems administration in Linux.
- Experience with Azure (preferred) or AWS platforms, Kubernetes, and hypervisors.
- Experience working in a Test Driven and Agile environment.
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment.)
- A sincere commitment to crafting readable and reliable code
- Working experience as a SCRUM master.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills that are relatable to all levels.
- Excellent analytical and multi-tasking skills.
- Natural presence/comfortable presenting to internal and external customers
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Superb planning and organizational skills.
- Adaptability and multi-tasking; experience working in a fast-moving environment.
- Ability to detect project risks and build contingency plans.
- Ability to define and develop improved working practices.
- US Citizen or Green card holder.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
Year of Experience
P3: 4+ years, P4: 7+ years, P5: 10+ years
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms