Associate Director, Data Strategy & ArchitectureBusinesses United Technologies Corp. Headquarters Job ID 01332440 Date posted 07/10/2019 City Brooklyn State New York Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:UTNB1: Corp - Brooklyn NY 55 Water St, Brooklyn, NY, 11201 USA
We are seeking a highly motivated data strategist with deep architecture expertise to join our Digital Accelerator in Brooklyn, NY. We are looking for someone who has a passion for building systems that analyze and uncover digital insights from large, complex streams of data derived from the world’s most advanced aerospace and aviation systems.
As a member of a cross-functional team of product managers, software engineers, data scientists and designers, you will combine your problem solving and analytical skills to identify, quantify, and solve real world problems leveraging best of breed digital technologies. This role will also work closely with UTC’s engineering, design, operations, marketing and service delivery teams to challenge the boundaries of what’s possible.
This position will provide the unique opportunity to operate in a start-up-like environment within a Fortune 50 company. Our digital focus is geared towards releasing the insights inherent UTC’s best-in-class products and services. Together we aim to achieve new levels of productivity by changing the way we work and identifying new sources of growth for our customers.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Identify and establish collaborative relationships with key stakeholders and subject matter experts across UTC.
- Work with our internal business partners and customers to design large scale data and analytics solutions that will improve how UTC designs, manufactures, monitors, and maintains industrial assets such as jet engines and aviation systems.
- Collaborate effectively with product managers, data scientists, and engineers to design, implement and deploy scalable solutions that address customer and business problems.
- Provide thought leadership by researching best practices, conducting experiments, and collaborating with industry leaders
- Work as a liaison between the members of the Digital Accelerator’s Data team and other disciplines.
- Lead and deliver major data- and analytics- driven initiatives and business transformations around key strategic business drivers.
- Help design teams and capabilities within the organization that iterate on the solutions, making sure they survive and thrive after they transition out of the Digital Accelerator.
- Design solutions to capture, integrate, organize, centralize and maintain data. Work closely with engineering teams to instantiate the solutions.
- Design and develop large scale data processing systems such as data lakes
- Develop scalable mechanisms that take data from multiple businesses and IoT systems and make them available for data science and analysis.
- Build learning systems that monitor data flows and react to changes in customer preferences, network constraints, and business objectives.
- Design and implement mechanisms to operationalize machine learning models with feedback loops in production environments.
- Work with vendors to ensure quality and appropriateness of proposed work and delivered solutions.
- Results-oriented with a strong sense of ownership in delivering for our customer and businesses.
- 10+ years related experience designing data science and analytical solutions.
- Experience working with data scientists.
- Experience working with large data sets and distributed computing tools including Spark, Hadoop, Hive, etc.
- Experience with architecting and working with cloud-based computing services.
- Experience with extraction, loading, transformation, and analysis for both batch and streaming data.
- Experience defining data taxonomy, governance and quality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to collaborate effectively in cross functional teams
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to communicate proposed solutions and their value effectively to executive leadership.
- Work experience in programming, data engineering, and data architecture.
- Motivated self-starter with a strong enthusiasm to learn.
- Results-oriented with strong communication skills and customer orientation.
- Ability to deal well with ambiguous and undefined problems.
- Advanced degree in computer science, statistics, or operations research or related technical discipline.
- Experience with industrial/commercial applications of data science including prognostic and health management, supply chain optimization, and human capital management is a plus.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms