Panel Sustaining Engineering LeadBusinesses Carrier Job ID 01292336 Date posted 02/11/2019 City Bradenton State Florida Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CABRA: Bradenton Florida 8985 Town Center Parkway, Bradenton, FL, 34202 USA
The fire and security group at Carrier is dedicated to providing products and technologies designed to protect people and properties from the effects of fire and its related hazards. As the world’s largest manufacturer of fire safety products, the fire and security group meets the safety needs of homes and businesses by providing fire extinguishers, smoke alarms, carbon monoxide alarms, fire alarm control panels, gas and flame detection, fire suppression systems and mass notification solutions. Notable brands within the group include Kidde, Kidde-Fenwal, Det-Tronics, Fireye and Edwards.
The Edwards engineering team is currently looking for a sustaining manager who will have direct reporting responsibilities for a cross-functional engineering team tasked with maintaining a substantial fire panel product portfolio.
- Execute feature add programs to released products
- Identify and execute value engineering efforts
- Source, validate, approve – alternate components
- Drive root cause analysis of quality and manufacturing issues
- Define design trade-offs as necessary to ensure the highest level of product performance and quality when considering product cost, manufacturability and available technologies
- Ensure products meet requirements for quality, safety and reliability
- Participate in design failure mode and effect analysis (DFMEA) reviews
- Team talent development
- Mentor employees to develop their careers
- Deliver clear and timely communication to team, cross-functional departments, and leadership
- Drive cross functional development of standard work and continuous improvement
- 10+ years of design experience (requirements to manufacturing)
- Significant experience in embedded systems, firmware and hardware design
- Expertise in operations and manufacturing environment
- Strong leadership and team development skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- High energy and ability to engage a team in a fast-paced environment
- Commercial fire alarm control system product development experience
- Experience with product quality control
- Knowledge of electronics manufacturing
- Experience with MRP and PLM systems
- Project management and/or requirement management experience
- Understanding of domestic and international regulations with regard to technical product design
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, electrical engineering or related degree
- Master's degree in computer science, electrical engineering or related degree
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.