Senior Energy Engineer (NORESCO)Businesses Carrier Job ID 01235268 Date posted 01/10/2019 City Boulder State Colorado Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAC01: AEC Colorado 2540 Frontier Avenue, Boulder, CO, 80301 USA
As one of the largest energy services companies in the U.S., NORESCO utilizes design-build and performance-based contracting vehicles to deliver energy and maintenance savings and significant infrastructure upgrades to existing facilities. NORESCO also provides build, own, operate and maintain (BOOM) services for central heating, cooling and power-generation systems. NORESCO’s Sustainability Services group offers a full suite of sustainable design consulting services, including energy auditing, commissioning and retro-commissioning, energy & daylighting analysis, LEED® certification consulting, and sustainability master planning.
What makes NORESCO unique is our ability to engineer and implement turnkey energy solutions that meet each customer’s individual needs. At NORESCO, we pride ourselves on the excellent relationships we maintain with our customers. We earn their trust and respect through listening and timely response to their needs and concerns. These relationships, along with pursuing and hiring the best people, are truly why NORESCO is a leader in the energy industry.
NORESCO is part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corporation. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages.
OUR ENGINEERING TEAM
NORESCO’s Engineering Group is responsible for identifying energy savings opportunities for large commercial and institutional facilities Our Engineering team’s primary focus is to analyze current energy systems and consumption and to make recommendations for energy upgrades necessary to decrease overall energy usage and costs.
As a Senior Energy Engineer at NORESCO, you will have a great deal of interaction with customers as well as other NORESCO staff including Sales, Project Development, Construction Project Managers, Measurement and Verification (M&V) and other Engineering staff. You will also be representing NORESCO at customer sites during visits. Therefore, it is of utmost importance to possess professionalism as well as good listening and communication skills. At NORESCO, teamwork is essential as every person on our team plays a vital role in the successful completion of every project we do.
In order to be successful in the role of Senior Energy Engineer, you will need to perform the following tasks.
- Conduct energy audits, site investigations, energy savings calculations and develop cost estimates for large commercial and institutional facilities
- Coordinate and schedule site visits with customers and NORESCO personnel
- Identify and quantify energy conservation opportunities associated with HVAC systems, EMS Controls, Building Shell and boiler and chilled water plant systems in ESPC Projects
- Analyze utility bill data to determine customer energy performance parameters
- Perform energy calculations using temperature bin analysis methods to calculate energy savings associated with mechanical HVAC equipment and systems
- Perform cooling and heating load calculations to properly size chillers, boilers, etc
- Write scopes of work for HVAC systems for subcontractors
- Develop cost estimates associated with mechanical energy conservation measures
- Write detailed Energy Conservation Measure descriptions to be included in proposal submissions including EMS sequences of operation
*Education / Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- A combined work experience in facility management and construction may be substituted for bachelors of engineering degree
In order to be considered for the role of Senior Energy Engineer, you will need to have the following minimum requirements.
- 7-10 years experience in Energy Analysis and HVAC and EMS Design
- Prior experience working for an ESPC Contractor developing energy conservation measures for ESPC.
- Prior experience developing EMS control strategies to reduce energy consumption
- Prior experience developing detailed cost estimates for mechanical HVAC systems
- Experience writing, reviewing and optimizing EMS control sequences of operation to control building energy consumption
- PE License preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms