MachinistBusinesses Otis Job ID 61014BR Date posted 02/13/2018 City BLOOMFIELD State Connecticut Country US
The individual in this assignment will perform skilled machinist duties in OSC's Machine Shop operations. Duties include: Operating a variety of Lathes, Milling & Grinding machines, Punch press, Drill press, manual & auto saws; and, Bridgeport machine operations. The Machine Shop is responsible for the manufacturing of a variety of lower level service parts components for mechanical assemblies. Additionally, the Machine Shop is called on to provide manufacturing support for shutdowns and unexpected short lead-time demands.
- The individual should possess a positive attitude with the ability to work independently
- Ability to independently setup machines for production use
- Ability to read and interpret programs, prints and coordination sheets
- Verify correct cutting speed and feed rates for tooling and materials
- Confirm conformance of finished work piece to specifications
- Good interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Able to accommodate changes in production and work schedules in order to meet deadlines
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Certificate from a trade school is preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.