Electronics Technician- Elevator Management SystemBusinesses Otis Job ID 01287346 Date posted 01/18/2019 City BLOOMFIELD State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:OT325: NSP - BLOOMFIELD, CT 212 WEST NEWBERRY RD, BLOOMFIELD, CT, 06002 USA
Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE “green” escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
The OSC Electronics Shop is looking for an Electronics Technician for our EMS (Elevator Management System) Cell. The individual in this position will perform the following functions:
- Re-Image hard drives to specific requests from customers
- Configure new Operating Systems for EMS computers; Install computer software systems, as required
- Load software programs/packages and utility applications; Set up computer security measures
- Build EMS jobs from CODs completed by customers
- Provide technical support to field offices and EMS engineer
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of EMS jobs
- Communicate with Engineering to determine specific needs of the customers
- Ability to lift equipment of 25-30Lbs.
- Perform tasks within the specified time frame for each EMS job
- Ability to identify electronic components and values.(Resistor, Capacitor, Diode and color code meaning and tolerance)
The successful candidate must have a Trade School Certification in Electronics or equivalent.
BS in Electronics Engineering Technology preferred.
The ideal candidate should possess 1 to 3 years’ experience with Computer programming. In addition, the successful candidate:
- Must be team oriented with demonstrated ability to interact effectively with others
- Possess a positive attitude :and,
- Be an advocate of ACE with progress or completion of ACE Associate Level
Grade and title are dependent upon the qualifications of the successful candidate.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.