Compass Field EngineerBusinesses Otis Job ID 20002247 Date posted 02/14/2020 City BLOOMFIELD State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:OT325: NSP - BLOOMFIELD, CT 212 WEST NEWBERRY RD, BLOOMFIELD, CT, 06002 USA
Otis Elevator Company is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE “green” escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
The Otis Elevator Service Center is seeking a Compass Field Engineer to join the Compass Center of Excellence. Key areas of responsibility include assisting worldwide field personnel with installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing Compass destination dispatch elevator systems. The position will require up to 25% travel. The Otis Service Center is located in Bloomfield, CT. However, the location of this position is flexible within the US.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Provide on-site and remote field support for assistance in installing, adjusting, maintaining and troubleshooting worldwide Compass installations
- Work with global field personnel, regional engineers and experts, project managers, sales and engineering
- Develop and conduct Compass field education and training on a global basis
- Help develop and maintain Compass installation/maintenance manuals
- Support software and hardware upgrades on Compass installations
- Work with Otis engineering on field requirements, testing and piloting for Compass new product development projects
- Perform traffic analysis studies for Compass installations
Education / Certifications
A qualified candidate will have a BS in Engineering and/or 10 years’ experience in a field support role with an elevator control manufacturer.
Experience / Qualifications
We are looking for individuals who possess:
- Experience with elevator systems required. Candidates with experience with the Compass destination dispatch system will be preferred
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, IPv4/IPv6 networking, MAC and IP Addressing, subnet mask and gateways a plus
- Familiarization with remote software, connections and protocols
- A strong customer focus and collaborative approach
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with access control systems or building management systems a plus
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms