PS Program Manager-FoodBusinesses Carrier Job ID 01289505 Date posted 02/04/2019 City Beverly State Massachusetts Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAM60: Sensitech, Inc 800 Cummings Center, Beverly, MA, 01915 USA
UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
Carrier is the world’s leader in high-technology heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration solutions. Carrier is a part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
As the world's leading provider of cold chain visibility solutions, Sensitech enables global leaders in Food and Pharmaceuticals to track and monitor assets across the supply chain to protect the integrity of temperature-sensitive products. Sensitech is a wholly owned subsidiary of Carrier Corp., the world's leader in high technology heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration solutions.
This position is responsible for managing customer temperature monitoring programs that help companies who are involved in the manufacture or distribution of temperature sensitive food products to continuously improve their cold chains. The role of the program manager is to provide exceptional customer service, data analysis, information visualization, process improvement, project management and report writing and presentation. The program manager works within a cross functional team that includes account managers, client services, data analysts, project managers, industrial engineers, food scientists and field technicians. The program manager also works with customers at multiple levels including QA and/or operations manager’s at large food retail companies. The ideal candidate should possess excellent customer service skills and effectively communicate with customer representatives at all levels.
- Manage databases, analyze data and create reports; Identify opportunities for improvement and make recommendations for corrective actions to customer’s cold chain
- Interact with customers and their representatives, understand their cold chain and gain their trust and participation in cold chain improvement activities
- Provide cold chain management expertise and improvement programs to customers
- Facilitate the flow of information amongst members of cross functional team
- Continuously improve skills and expertise in 3 key areas: handling of perishable food items, process improvement and cold chain management/refrigeration
- Present at customer and industry events
- Other duties as required
*Education / Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree required - Agricultural Economics, Post-Harvest, Mathematics or Food Science strongly preferred
- Understanding of the food distribution chain, cold chain management, transportation, or refrigeration required
- Experience and desire to succeed in a cross-functional working environment with a collaborative team including account managers and sales required
- Analytical skills proven through ability to combine technical knowledge, commercial knowledge and analysis into action by applying statistical/analytical methods to large data sets for data mining, evaluation and development of customer-facing analytical reports
- Able to effectively communicate across all levels of an organization including executives required
- Positive attitude, strong interpersonal and organizational skills, detail oriented, pro-active and exceptional problem solving skills
- Microsoft Office expertise including Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Word required
- Excellent (in-person and virtual) presentation, professional written and verbal communication skills are required to clearly convey ideas, information, and concepts
- Spanish language skills a plus, but not required
- Up to 25% travel is required
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.