Tech II - Machinist - Plastics (First Shift)Businesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 470028 Date posted 01/12/2019 City Batangas State Batangas Country Philippines
Purpose of Work
Work from drawings, sketches, verbal instructions, and sample or operation sheets, perform setups, adjust and operate conventional and automated machine tools to perform diversified close tolerance machining operations and specifications, requiring a general knowledge of standard and recognized machining practices, techniques, and diversified shop experience.
Level of Work
- Interpret drawings and read operation sheets for operation, material, and dimensional requirements.
- Make setups and adjustments on machines involving a full complement of tools to diagnose and correct difficulties in machining.
- Perform operations such as milling, cutoff, slotting, shearing, boring, counter boring, drilling, reaming, tapping, threading, countersinking, chamfering, deburring, and/or protective wrapping as required, vacuum forming machines, and other similar operations.
- Adjust programs by editing feed rate, cutter compensation, and zero point for purpose of setup including relief cutting, new tooling, and first time zero of program
- Report all operating difficulties and other unusual conditions to immediate supervisor or other authority
- Responsible for the quality and productivity level of the work performed.
- Support continuous Improvement activities and processes
- Ensure conformance to blueprints, written procedures, quality specifications, and AS9100 requirements.
- Move material, tools, fixtures, and equipment as required
- Dispose of scrap and defective material as instructed to keep actual part counts
- Maintain a clean and safe work area and report all discrepancies to management.
- Work with others across shifts to ensure smooth, efficient product flow
- Complete required reports and maintain accurate entries in computer database
- Assist lower graded employees and perform equal or lower graded duties as required
- Other duties as required
Interested Applicants may send their applications to PH_HRRecruitment@beaerospace.com