Project Manager II (NORESCO)Businesses Carrier Job ID 01276958 Date posted 01/10/2019 City Baltimore State Maryland Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAM65: NOR Baltimore 500 McCormick Drive, Baltimore, MD, 21202 USA
Exciting Things are Happening at NORESCO!
As one of the largest energy services companies in the U.S., NORESCO utilizes design-build and performance-based contracting vehicles to deliver energy and maintenance savings and significant infrastructure upgrades to existing facilities. NORESCO also provides build, own, operate and maintain (BOOM) services for central heating, cooling and power-generation systems. NORESCO’s Sustainability Services group offers a full suite of sustainable design consulting services, including energy auditing, commissioning and retro-commissioning, energy & daylighting analysis, LEED® certification consulting, and sustainability master planning.
What makes NORESCO unique is our ability to engineer and implement turnkey energy solutions that meet each customer’s individual needs. At NORESCO, we pride ourselves on the excellent relationships we maintain with our customers. We earn their trust and respect through listening and timely response to their needs and concerns. These relationships, along with pursuing and hiring the best people, are truly why NORESCO is a leader in the energy industry.
NORESCO is part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corp. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages.
We have an immediate need for a Project Manager II in Baltimore, MD.
As a Construction Project Manager at NORESCO, you will have a great deal of interaction with customers as well as other NORESCO staff. You will be representing NORESCO at customer sites, therefore it is of utmost importance to possess professionalism as well as good listening and communication skills. At NORESCO, teamwork is essential as every person on our team plays a vital role in the successful completion of every project we do.
Here is a look at the responsibilities for this position:
- Develop scopes of work and negotiate the best pricing and terms with subs and vendors.
- Interface with customers and select and manage subs to ensure quality control, cost control and adherence to schedule.
- Manage bid process, including qualifying subs and subs bids.
- Prepare daily construction reports as well as monitor status to ensure the project adheres to the project schedule and expectations.
- Provide all necessary input to project accounting system to ensure accurate record keeping for all projects.
- Develop safety plans, ensure that all field work is undertaken safely and in compliance with safety plans. Coordinate on site activities with client and subcontractors.
*Education / Certifications
Bachelors in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management preferred
*Experience / Qualifications
The following skills and attributes are preferred for this position:
- 3-6 years of experience with management of Piping and Airside Mechanical systems, EMS, electrical and lighting construction projects or facility management projects.
- Experience with commissioning mechanical DDC systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, Word and Excel.
- 50% travel.
- Mental alertness and ability to concentrate with distractions nearby
- Ability to stand, stoop, reach, bend, climb and crawl
- This position requires working in diverse locations and conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms where there can be potential exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and proximity to electricity including high voltage. Detailed safety review must be completed and reviewed prior to any work. Adherence to all Safety Procedures will be required.
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, standing, stooping, reaching, kneeling bending climbing and crawling
- Potential exists for requirement of employee to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs., frequently lift and or move up to 50 lbs. and occasionally lift and or move more than 50 lbs
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms