New Equipment Sales Representative - Austin, TXBusinesses Otis Job ID 01281764 Date posted 01/02/2019 City AUSTIN State Texas Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:OT392: TA - AUSTIN, TX 11100 Metric Blvd, AUSTIN, TX, 78758 USA
Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE “green” escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
If you are looking for a role that combines your technical skills and passion for customers, then we have a great opportunity for you. We are seeking a high energy, motivated technical sales professional to promote innovative solutions for current and potential customers.
This position will have full account management responsibilities for all customers within the assigned geography. In addition, this position will manage approximately field associates that are assigned to service equipment in the area.
Specific responsibilities for this position include:
- Estimating, negotiating, and selling service and maintenance contracts to obtain new units on maintenance agreements.
- Retaining current maintenance agreements through good customer service and selling on factors other than price.
- Providing customers with basic elevator consultations and technical guidance.
- Position requires 75% local travel to customer visits & industry-related events.
- Monitoring collection of accounts.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS:
BA/BS degree w/6-10+ years experience
MA/MS degree w/4-7+ years experience
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Preferred candidate will have 5+ years of sales experience; Sales experience within the elevator industry is preferred.
- Candidates must possess proficient oral and written communication and presentation skills to effectively interact with a wide variety of people with diverse background of all levels and disciplines.
- Candidates must be able to work in a highly team-oriented and dynamic environment.
- Self-motivated individuals who have the ability to manage many simultaneous projects and responsibilities are a must.
- Candidates must have strong computer skills.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.