VRF Application EngineerBusinesses Carrier Job ID 30003906 Date posted 03/26/2020 City Atlanta State Georgia Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAG23: DLS VRF- Atlanta 3300 Riverwood Pkwy , Atlanta, GA, 30339 USA
Carrier is the world’s leader in high-technology heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration solutions. Carrier’s Ductless & VRF business is the fastest growing product segment of HVAC in North America. Consisting of an Atlanta-based core team, global joint venture, and employees nationwide, the business is currently realizing the benefits of a long-term strategy to develop a customer-focused culture in support of an industry-leading platform product line.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Ductless and VRF business. This position will be responsible for providing product application, technical training, equipment selection software, and customer support. Individual must possess the capacity to work in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate the ability to leverage cross-functional team members to provide both accurate and timely customer support. Superior decision-making abilities and technical aptitude to assist in meeting customer needs are critical for success in this role. Foundational skills for this role include commercial HVAC design and application principles, CRM management, public speaking, general engineering aptitude and strong collaborative abilities.
Specific responsibilities for this position includes:
- Assist distribution in reviewing application designs, based on mechanical drawings and specifications
- Work closely with product managers and inside sales associates to provide solutions to the sales team, distributors, dealers and/or customers.
- Strong understanding of competitive brands and how they compare with Carrier products
- Lead the cross-functional team to project manage equipment selection software issues and create an exceptional user experience through work with the software developer
- Establish positive working relationships with the field and inside team. Additionally, be viewed as an expert regarding product and application opportunities.
- Monitor and close out customer support cases in our Saleforce CRM in a timely manner with high level of accuracy
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS:
- Engineering BA/BS degree with 2-5+ years of technical experience
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Previous experience in the commercial HVAC industry with products and application
- Knowledge of HVAC building code requirement at national level Strong communication (written and verbal) skills, with superior follow-up and follow-through skills
- Strong sense of urgency, quality, self-initiative, sense of ownership and customer satisfaction
- Ability to learn quickly; apply and extrapolate to other functional areas and adapt to changing business priorities
- Team oriented perspective; able to work well & contribute with other points of view
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail, while also able to manage multiple priorities
- Requires strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, & PowerPoint)
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms