Project Estimator (NORESCO)Businesses Carrier Job ID 01284982 Date posted 01/10/2019 City Atlanta State Georgia Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAG21: NOR North Atlanta 5555 Glenridge Connector, Atlanta, GA, 30342 USA
Exciting Things are Happening at NORESCO!
As one of the largest energy services companies in the U.S., NORESCO utilizes design-build and performance-based contracting vehicles to deliver energy and maintenance savings and significant infrastructure upgrades to existing facilities. NORESCO also provides build, own, operate and maintain (BOOM) services for central heating, cooling and power-generation systems. NORESCO’s Sustainability Services group offers a full suite of sustainable design consulting services, including energy auditing, commissioning and retro-commissioning, energy & daylighting analysis, LEED® certification consulting, and sustainability master planning.
What makes NORESCO unique is our ability to engineer and implement turnkey energy solutions that meet each customer’s individual needs. At NORESCO, we pride ourselves on the excellent relationships we maintain with our customers. We earn their trust and respect through listening and timely response to their needs and concerns. These relationships, along with pursuing and hiring the best people, are truly why NORESCO is a leader in the energy industry.
NORESCO is part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corporation. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages.
We have an immediate need for a Construction Project Estimator and Developer in Atlanta, GA.
The Project Estimator and Developer shall report to the Program Manager of Construction, while receiving general guidance from the Sr. Project Manager of Estimating. The Project Estimator will support the needs of the Project Development Teams throughout NORESCO. As an integral member of the project teams you will have considerable responsibilities for the Estimating and Constructability process during project Development.
This position's primary responsibility will deal with conceptual estimating, detailed estimating, constructability input/review for scope, competitive bidding including proposal review and the pre-qualification of subcontractors. Secondary responsibilities shall include supporting the development of scopes of work, participate in the creation of large project solicitations providing constructability and cost estimates, working with our engineers/project managers to generate bid documents, and to provide subcontractor proposal reviews.
Here is a look at the responsibilities for this position:
- Work with Project Teams to develop estimates and constructability for project proposals
- Attend "Pre Bid" meetings and job walks
- Risk identification, review and management of work being developed and under contract.
- Assist with project design of product type and analysis through conceptual plans/estimates/schedules.
- Prepare conceptual estimates based on historic pricing derived from cost database and trends for Development and the project construction
- Prepare conceptual estimates based on preliminary scope, assumptions and exclusions, using RS Means and/or an alternate estimating tool.
- Prepare detailed estimates based on partial or complete construction design documents using RS Means and/or an alternate estimating tool.
- Work with the engineering group to develop and refine the scopes of work that will be included in the project for costing.
- Solicit subcontractors and vendors for pricing and ensure proper trade coverage for each scope including prequalification
- Identify and small and disadvantage businesses using the System For Award Management (SAM), the Office of Contracting and Procurement (OCP), the Central Contractor Registration database (CCR), Veterans Service Organizations (VSO), the National Minority Purchasing Council Vendor Information Service, the Research and Information Division of the Minority Business Development Agency in the Department of Commerce, or small, HUBZone, small disadvantaged and women-owned small business trade associations.
- Provide an independent estimate to validate subcontractor quotes.
- Monitor project development and revise quantity take-off's for changes to original plan for construction
- Computes cost factors and prepares estimates used for the purposes of development, planning, organizing, and scheduling work, preparing bids, change order pricing,
- Ensure compliance to meet diversity goals by sourcing both subcontractor and vendors that meet project criteria.
- Manage the bid process which includes finalization of bid packages for solicitation, coordination of subcontractor walks, review and analyze proposals from subcontractors and finalization costing for the specified scopes of work.
- Assist project managers with review of their construction cost budget and turn over information.
- Visit job site periodically with Project Manager to observe and discuss current construction issues.
- Assist with continual development of our cost database and manage job cost history and maintain upkeep of costs for internal databases
*Education / Certifications
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Self-driven and motivated individual who eventually will need little direction in driving their responsibilities to completion.
- Excellent verbal and written skills are required. Will develop written communications and correspondence as needed.
- Excellent time management and superior organizational skills required.
- Ability to work under pressure with a variety of team members.
- Extensive experience in construction working for a mechanical subcontractor.
- Extensive experience in estimating scope with incomplete scope and minimal drawings/specifications.
- Experience in developing requests for proposals and evaluating subcontractor bids.
- Experience in participating in project development, providing constructability input to construction, and installing Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Building Automation scope.
- Experience utilizing RS Means Estimating Tools and Workbooks.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week with up to 50 percent travel throughout the United States.
- Ability to read and understand contract and construction documents.
- Understanding of Mechanical ,HVAC and DDC Systems operation, and associated constructability for retrofit and replacement.
- Possess an understanding of construction terminology.
- Proficient in managing large excel files, create calculations in multiple worksheets and workbooks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel with expertise in preparing and working with general and complex Excel spreadsheets/workbooks.
- Candidate shall possess the following
- Graduate from an Accredited University or Program in the related field with 4 years of experience estimating for a construction company with an emphasis in Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Building Automation and 4 years of field experience.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience estimating for a construction company with an emphasis in Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Building Automation and 6 years of field experience in construction or facility improvements to provide constructability feedback.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms