Manager, Workplace Services DesktopBusinesses Carrier Job ID 01322171 Date posted 06/03/2019 City Atlanta State Georgia Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAG23: DLS VRF- Atlanta 3300 Riverwood Pkwy , Atlanta, GA, 30339 USA
Carrier is seeking an experienced and motivated individual to join the Corporate IT staff to create, implement, and support key elements of the Carrier Workplace Services infrastructure strategy.
This position will be responsible for program managing key projects set forth as part of the global infrastructure strategy focused on the Carrier end-user Workplace Services platform, developing and deploying the supporting architecture, and implementing world-class cradle-to-grave support processes for the desktop environment. This role is also responsible for participating in the introduction of new and innovative technologies to help the Carrier businesses increase employee productivity and engagement, and increase integration with backend business processes.
Subject matter expertise and ability to communicate effectively will be key qualities as we improve the benefits associated with the consumer driven technologies that are rapidly becoming available in the enterprise marketplace.
- Work with business representatives to develop the next generation end-user computing requirements and find opportunities to drive efficiency and productivity.
- Participate in the development of a world class Workplace Services desktop strategy and standards.
- Execute deployment projects globally at Carrier.
- Work with Corporate and Business Application development and support groups to foster and support strategic Workplace Services application deployment.
- Conduct research on creative, productivity-enabling technology solutions and develop business cases to propose high performance, cost effective opportunities to meet business requirements. Bring these innovative technologies to a production ready state and coordinate Carrier global introduction.
- Plan, design, implement and handle multiple technology projects to support business requirements.
- Establish, nurture and handle relationships with suppliers of strategic information technology products and/or services in our desktop environment.
- Support the development and implementation of policies and procedures for Desktop Services.
Education / Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, or related business discipline(s). Master’s Degree a plus.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in IT and/or IT related field
- Desktop management systems, application distribution systems and methodologies, specification and testing of workstation equipment, development of workstation/laptop client processes and procedures, and management of application upgrades and installations.
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft and MacOS software and systems
- Engineer, test, deploy and handle corporate internal client images for Windows 10 and MacOS
- Experience in supporting, diagnosing and solving desktop hardware
- Exposure to technologies such as O365, MS Teams, Skype, endpoint management tools
- Ability to organize and prioritize workflow and to meet established timeframes and deadlines.
- Proficient in one or more modern, general purpose scripting languages (python, powershell, bash, etc).
- Strong working knowledge of software and image distribution tools such as Microsoft SCCM
- Desire to continually learn about new technology and analyze how it might best be applied.
- Self-motivated and dedicated individual
- An ability to think creatively and find the best solutions to complex/challenging problems
- Demonstrable experience in managing a variety of IT infrastructure projects and in collaborating with business leaders. Ability to lead large, complex projects with cross-business unit project teams and suppliers.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, analytical, communication and technical skills are needed.
- Ability to build and maintain customer relationships, be a teammate, meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities.
- Highly motivated, results-oriented and able to work in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to learn, understand and interpret business processes. Act in partnership with the business and be recognized as a valued contributor to business results.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms