Director, Business Intelligence and AnalyticsBusinesses Carrier Job ID 01364951 Date posted 10/29/2019 City Atlanta State Georgia Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAG23: DLS VRF- Atlanta 3300 Riverwood Pkwy , Atlanta, GA, 30339 USA
Director, Business Intelligence and Analytics
As part of Carrier’s Digital transformation, we are looking for a leader to be responsible for the end-to-end vision of the Business Intelligence Strategy. This is a key role for Carrier as the company progresses to drive through Digital and Data.
Director of Business Intelligence will lead an analytics and insights team, focused on developing reporting, driving data analysis, and delivering key insights for our business. The Director of BI will collaborate with key members of the leadership, marketing, sales, operations, product, and engineering teams to ensure that we have the reporting and analytical infrastructure necessary to scale.
- Develop and evolve center of excellence for data, reporting, and analytics across the Carrier enterprise
- Develop an internal customer-focused operating model to deliver reporting, dashboards, insights, analytics, and data-driven operational assets to drive value to the Carrier organization using data as a competitive advantage
- Develop strong data analytics capabilities in a cross-functional manner, focusing on core competencies in direct-to consumer data and operations (retail and ecommerce), general commercial operations, value/supply chain, and corporate functions. Partner with marketing teams on consumer data flow, use, and reporting
- Transform and manage the Analytics team, ensuring the proper mix of skills, including core business reporting, business alignment, data analysis and integrity, data science, project delivery, and technological maintenance.
- Lead and manage the Analytics core team of approximately 20 people plus a significant sized indirect staff located in other functions, an offshore delivery partner, and other technology partners.
- Manage core technologies associated with reporting and data analytics
- Manage vendor relationships associated with core technologies used for data analytics, reporting, data science, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and all related ecosystems
- Works with executive leader of CoE and direct reports and domain leads to ensure IT roadmap in place and aligned with planned projects, budgets and strategies.
- Support the implementation of the new Global IT Shared Service working model including the offshore partnership and the regional footprint
- Partner with the Global IT Finance, Procurement, and internal partners as necessary to ensure project budgets and statuses are aligned and funded accordingly
- Coordinate cross IT group oversight for quarterly SOX assessments, including the creation of reconciliation reports and analysis, as required
- Further develop Analytics Steering Committee to ensure Analytics roadmap aligns to business strategy and need
- Oversee intake, discovery processes in support of the Analytics portfolio and roadmap
- Establish and foster industry analytics research and benchmarking relationships and partnerships to leverage industry and technology knowledge and advancements
- Establish and report Analytics Performance metrics, Service Level Agreements, and Key Performance Indicators
Education / Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree statistics, actuarial science, quantitative field, economics, business mathematics or a related field – Graduate degree preferred
- 10 + years of experience leading enterprise insights, analytics and/or business intelligence teams, preferably in a brand manufacturing or consumer-facing company
- Experience and understanding of a variety of analytical processes including but not limited to data governance, quality and measurement
- Experience exploring, implementing, and deploying advanced capabilities, including cognitive technology, ML/AI
- Strong hands on experience with technologies such as: Snowflake, Redshift, Hadoop, Python, R, SAP Analytics tools, PowerBI, SQL, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, along with the ability to influence and demonstrate confidence in communications with senior level management
- Solid understanding of Carrier IT landscape, IT Processes and IT Organization
- Strong leadership, organizational and analytical and interpersonal skills are required. Must have the ability to manage conflict
- Ability to achieve results without direct control over resources or priorities
- Must be self-motivated/self-starter with the ability to work independently to resolve issues/problems with limited information
- Flexibility in adjusting and reprioritizing to meet changing needs in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong project management skills; proven track record of overseeing portfolio of IT projects
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms