Cloud EngineerBusinesses Carrier Job ID 01293970 Date posted 02/15/2019 City Atlanta State Georgia Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAG23: DLS VRF- Atlanta 3300 Riverwood Pkwy , Atlanta, GA, 30339 USA
As part of Carrier Digital transformation, we are looking for a dynamic individual to empower our businesses to rapidly and efficiently turn data into insight that drives informed business decisions. Through the use of artificial intelligence and other advanced analytical tools, we seek to quickly evolve our environment and achieve that goal.
The Cloud Services Engineer will be responsible for the design, build and maintenance of a large scale production system with high efficiency and availability using the combination of software and systems engineering practices. As a member of the team you will participate with groups that are responsible for the overall strategy, architecture and design of a cloud based data and analytics platform. We are seeking a motivated individual with a drive to be on the cutting edge while helping change the culture towards a more nimble and agile methodology using next generation cloud technology platforms. This role will be heavy in hands on development and management of the cloud platform, with a focus on automation.
The Cloud Services Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- End to end management of services on AWS or Azure
- Design, implement and maintain large scale clusters with monitoring, logging and alerting
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity management and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Develop automation to auto-correct or completely prevent issues in our online solution
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
- Practice sustainable incident response and after action reviews
- Work closely with the UTC digital accelerator and data science teams on agile processes, development techniques and emerging analytics tools and products
- Contribute to big data, advanced analytics, and artificial intelligence strategies and manage related projects
- Provide strategic direction for cloud platform automation and management
- Support cloud transformation initiatives
Education / Certifications
- B.S. Computer Science or Information Technology or related field.
- Over 5 years of experience developing, implementing, and supporting analytics or cloud based applications in a global environment.
- Expertise in AWS or Azure platforms
- Ability to use all AWS and Azure API’s
- Knowledge across different systems, networking, coding, database, capacity management, CI/CD and opensource cloud technologies like Kubernetes.
- Excellent communication skills (textual, visual, and verbal) required for interaction with Functional Teams, DXC, and UTC internal and external customers.
- Data analytics and modeling skills
- Experience with agile development practices.
- Preferred Qualifications
- You have validated leadership of successful process development and implementation that spans organizational boundaries.
- Strong interpersonal skills required including good written and oral communication.
- Ability to effectively influence and direct the actions of those not within the direct reporting chain is critical.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms