Security Operations Center Vulnerability Management SpecialistBusinesses Otis Job ID 01362878 Date posted 10/17/2019 City Arlington State Virginia Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:OT555: Digital Technology Office 1300 Wilson Blvd , Arlington, VA, 22209 USA
At Otis, we move billions of people every day. How? Through our talented team of more than 68,000 employees who are passionate about what we do and what’s next. From our foundation of excellent products (escalators, elevators and moving walkways) to our next chapter of digital transformation, this is a great time to join us as an SOC Vulnerability Management Specialist, based in Arlington, Virginia, in a role involving the management, utilization, support and monitoring of Rapid7 InsightVM. The successful candidate will be responsible for researching, analyzing and recommending best practices and configuration for all InsightVM components, as well as optimizing configurations and scanning targets for this vulnerability assessment tool.
- Essential Responsibilities
- Communicates to a global, decentralized IT infrastructure group to ensure timely and accurate vulnerability remediation
- Manages scan policies and customizes audit files
- Customizes and automates processes that currently are manually driven
- Manages InsightVM log files and job queues
- Understands discovery scans and how to run them
- Executes ad-hoc scans on demand, as requested per the stakeholder community
- Customizes various reports to meet stakeholder requests
- Analyzes scan results and interprets them for the user community
- Receives cross-training and performs as a backup in the areas of cybersecurity intrusion detection, incident response and forensic analysis
- Manages, utilizes, supports and monitors corporate tool suite
- Is familiar with and experienced in using corporate cybersecurity tools, technologies and products
- Assists with the creation and maintenance of position run-books for relevant areas of responsibilities
- Establishes target systems, along with identifying any special considerations, and determines preferred scanning times
- A bachelor’s or advanced degree in computer science, engineering, information systems or a related discipline, or equivalent experience, is required
- IT security-related credentials (e.g., Sec+, A+, CEH, CISSP, CISA, GGIA and/or GCIH) is preferred
- Basic Qualifications
- Five years of IT experience, with one-plus years of experience working in a dedicated vulnerability management role
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to set priorities and handle multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to build consensus and agreement and bring resolution to contentious issues and entrenched interests
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform to strict deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to accommodate ten percent work travel requirement
- Preferred Qualifications
- Ability to understand network topology and architecture to properly capture the most traffic on each network segment
- Previous hands-on experience with Rapid7 Nexpose and/or InsightVM
This position will be located in the Washington, DC area.
Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE “green” escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety, and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
OAK ID OAK19DTCYP10
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms