Security Operations Center (SOC) Cyber EngineerBusinesses Otis Job ID 01362859 Date posted 10/17/2019 City Arlington State Virginia Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:OT555: Digital Technology Office 1300 Wilson Blvd , Arlington, VA, 22209 USA
Moving people. Shaping the future. At Otis, we take pride in leading the industry we founded. There’s never been a better time to join our team as we plan for our next chapter as an independent company in 2020. We are the leader in elevators, escalators and moving walkways. We’re seeking an SOC Cybersecurity Engineer, based in Arlington, Virginia, who’s ready to help us deliver on our commitments today, plan our strategy for the future and leave their fingerprints on the organization for years to come.
The role has responsibility for implementing and providing 24x7 support for all cyber tools and solutions, as well as maintaining stability of security systems and applications, ensuring operational readiness and developing automated controls for visibility. As a cybersecurity operator for Otis’ Cyber Tools team, the successful candidate will provide support to all investigations, incident response and IT activities, as needed, as part of a broader Cybersecurity Operations team in the company’s Cybersecurity & Risk Management organization.
- Essential Responsibilities
- Manages security product roll-outs to Otis computing environments
- Supports email scanning and detection solutions to protect against phishing attacks
- Implements, documents and maintains security product management controls, standard operating procedures, narratives and test scripts
- Works with Otis incident response teams to improve cyber-defense capabilities
- Responds to virus, malware and spam outbreaks, as needed
- Works with project teams to ensure secure implementations
- Defines key performance indicators (KPIs) to demonstrate program success
- Provides technical oversight, hands-on implementation and support for security-related product roll-outs and ensures integrations with centralized monitoring
- Assists in building out a global cybersecurity engineering capability for supporting 24/7 operational capabilities
- Gathers use-cases and requirements from Cyber Fusion teams in order to develop, deploy and configure solutions to aid in cyber-related activities
- Develops and leads continuous monitoring efforts to assist in maturing cyber prediction, prevention, detection and response capabilities
- A bachelor’s or advanced degree in computer science, engineering, information systems or a related discipline
- IT security-related credentials (e.g., CISSP, CISA, Sec+ and/or GCIH) preferred
- Basic Qualifications
- Four to seven years of work experience, supporting cybersecurity tools in an enterprise environment
- Experience with UNIX/Linux operating systems
- Comfortable working at the command-line
- Experience with Microsoft technologies, including Windows Server and Active Directory
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure deployments (e.g., Azure and AWS)
- Experience with automation technologies, including scripting background in Python, PowerShell, Bash, Ansible or similar technologies
- Efficient with version-control technologies (e.g., GIT, SVN, CVS, etc)
- Demonstrated initiative, with the ability to quickly acquire knowledge
- Ability to display a sense of urgency to resolve issues quickly and efficiently
- Strong problem-solving and analytical capabilities, including the ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, and apply sound business knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- An understanding of basic project management principles
- Ability to accommodate ten percent work travel requirement
- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with endpoint security technologies, including Endpoint Detection and Response, as well as anti-virus technologies
- Experience with network security technologies, such as IDS/IPS (intrusion detection/prevention system), full packet/deep packet capture analysis, firewalls, and proxies
- Experience with enterprise log management, data lake and SIEM technologies
This position will be located in the Washington, DC area.
Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE “green” escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety, and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
OAK ID OAK19DTCYP18
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms