Senior Pricing AnalystBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01360019 Date posted 10/09/2019 City Annapolis State Maryland Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HMD31: Annapolis, MD 2551 Riva Road , Annapolis, MD, 21401-7435 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.When you join our finance team, you’re joining a team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond. Our team supports 70,000 employees across the U.S. and around the globe.As a United Technologies Corp. subsidiary, we operate with our own business reporting structure, financial dashboards and earnings metrics. This reporting relationship allows finance team members to implement innovative tools for the aerospace market in a stand-alone business environment. At Collins Aerospace, you’ll be not only be advancing your career, you’ll be leaving your mark on the future of advanced technologies.
This position is for an Experienced Financial Planning and Analysis professional. Executes financial analysis, research, budgets, and forecasts to support business plans. Responsible for developing analysis and projections and conducting small projects.
- Performs price and cost estimating (labor, materials, burdens) activity for complex customer RFPs, RFQs or new business opportunities.
- Works with the proposal team to analyze the merits of the new pursuit. Prepares complex financial summaries that help management understand the merits of the new business deal.
- Develops estimating plans/pricing models with little or no supervision. Coordinates reviews with proposal team in preparation for reviews with Senior Management. May work with proposal team in supporting customer negotiations.
- Performs detailed analysis of the price and cost estimates and all assumptions utilized in preparing the estimates. Identifies the risks and opportunities and recommends solutions. Identifies any inconsistencies.
- Understands the Costing/pricing rate structures (Overheads, G&A) and how to accurately reflect these in the cost proposals. Ensures Pricing proposals are prepared in accordance with FAR & CAS when applicable.
- May participate in the development and presentation of review material to Senior Leadership.
- Often identifies and may lead opportunities to improve tools and processes utilized by the team.
- Successfully utilizes pricing strategies and may assist in the development and implementation of new pricing strategies.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience.In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
- Analysis – Demonstrates the ability to provide a logical, in-depth analysis of a problem or situation.
- Cooperation – Takes personal initiative to proactively serve as a team motivator creating strong morale and synergy.
- Customer service Orientation – provides customers with quality experiences, establishing and maintaining effective relationships.
- Dependability – Ensures that all details of a project are accurate before delegating to others.
- Detail Orientation – Rarely makes errors but accepts responsibility for those that are made and develops a plan to prevent similar errors from recurring.
- Judgement – Bases decisions on factual information and considers alternative courses of action before reaching decisions.
- Time Management - Works form a daily to-do list but understands priorities and is adaptable to sudden shifts.
- Excel skills or other financial modeling skills critical.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms