Senior Network Operations Center TechnicianBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01320598 Date posted 06/11/2019 City Annapolis State Maryland Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HMD31: Annapolis, MD 2551 Riva Road , Annapolis, MD, 21401-7435 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies?Our Digital Technology team is driving business efficiencies and a better customer experience by connecting technologies, people, information and processes. From making aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated to building new software platforms such as Internet of Things, big data, artificial intelligence, and blockchain, there’s no better place to be right now than in digital. If you’re an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you’re a perfect fit for this team. Join Collins Aerospace to help us revolutionize the aerospace industry today!
Collins Aerospace is looking for a Senior Network Operations Center Technician to support our NOC (Network Operations Center) in Annapolis, Maryland. The NOC supports more than 40 different applications and products for over 3,000 customers worldwide. This mission critical center operates 24 hours/day, 7 days/week, and 365-days/year with 99.999% availability.
- Perform basic tasks through the use of established techniques, documented processes, and accepted methods.
- Monitor Micromuse Netcool browser for alarm indications
- Open and update trouble tickets using Remedy trouble ticketing application
- Perform basic telco circuit testing and basic operations using Network Management System GUI and basic CISCO router commands
- Perform radio and UPS reboots
- Daily tasks including monthly dial backup checks
- Notify management of significant events
- Work continuously and closely with internal and external customers keeping them advised on system status with the goal of exceeding customer expectations.
- Two + years of experience in a Network Operations Center/HelpDesk environment.
- Basic troubleshooting experience on routers and switches.
- Basic knowledge of common network protocols such as BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, FTP.
- Experience using network monitoring systems and troubleshooting alarms.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Must have a strong customer service mentality.
- Strong analytical and effective problem solving skills.
- Manage assigned tasks and projects with little supervision.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing requirements.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Ability to be a self-starter and possess good time management skills.
- An Associate’s degree in a technical area or equivalent technical experience with two or more years of related experience.
- CCENT or CCNA
- Two+ years with prior experience in a Network Operations Center where 24 hour coverage is required.
- General understanding of telecommunications technology, to include: VHF, HF, Microwave, and Satellite equipment.
- Experience with the ARINC Service Desk or ARINC Operations Center preferred.
- Experience with any of the following network monitoring systems: Remedy, Micromuse Netcool, HP Openview, SolarWinds.
- Experience with Cloud, Cloud Monitoring tools, AWS, and CloudWatch.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms