Senior Network Operations Center TechnicianBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 15651 Date posted 02/05/2019 City Annapolis State Maryland Country United States
Requisition ID: 15651
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
We are currently searching for a Senior Network Operations Center Technician to join our team in Annapolis, MD (IMS INC) (5010). Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Collins Aerospace is looking for a Senior Network Operations Center Technician to support our NOC (Network Operations Center) in Annapolis, Maryland. The NOC supports more than 40 different applications and products for over 3,000 customers worldwide. This mission critical center operates 24 hours/day, 7 days/week, and 365-days/year with 99.999% availability.
- Perform basic tasks through the use of established techniques, documented processes, and accepted methods.
- Monitor Micromuse Netcool browser for alarm indications
- Open and update trouble tickets using Remedy trouble ticketing application
- Perform basic telco circuit testing and basic operations using Network Management System GUI and basic CISCO router commands
- Perform radio and UPS reboots
- Daily tasks including monthly dial backup checks
- Notify management of significant events
- Work continuously and closely with internal and external customers keeping them advised on system status with the goal of exceeding customer expectations.
- Two + years of experience in a Network Operations Center/HelpDesk environment.
- Basic troubleshooting experience on routers and switches.
- Basic knowledge of common network protocols such as BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, FTP.
- Experience using network monitoring systems and troubleshooting alarms.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Must have a strong customer service mentality.
- Strong analytical and effective problem solving skills.
- Manage assigned tasks and projects with little supervision.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing requirements.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Ability to be a self-starter and possess good time management skills.
- Two+ years with prior experience in a Network Operations Center where 24 hour coverage is required.
- General understanding of telecommunications technology, to include: VHF, HF, Microwave, and Satellite equipment.
- Experience with the ARINC Service Desk or ARINC Operations Center preferred.
- Experience with any of the following network monitoring systems: Remedy, Micromuse Netcool, HP Openview, SolarWinds.
- Experience with Cloud, Cloud Monitoring tools, AWS, and CloudWatch.
Education or Certification Requirements:
- An Associate’s degree in a technical area or equivalent technical experience with two or more years of related experience.
- CCENT or CCNA
At Collins Aerospace, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Collins Aerospace University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.