Product Line Manager, Aviation Business SolutionsBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01359319 Date posted 10/03/2019 City Annapolis State Maryland Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HMD31: Annapolis, MD 2551 Riva Road , Annapolis, MD, 21401-7435 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our Digital Technology team is driving business efficiencies and a better customer experience by connecting technologies, people, information and processes. From making aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated to building new software platforms such as Internet of Things, big data, artificial intelligence, and blockchain, there’s no better place to be right now than in digital. If you’re an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you’re a perfect fit for this team. Join Collins Aerospace to help us revolutionize the aerospace industry today!
The Product Line Manager for Aviation Business Solutions is accountable for the full product life cycle value stream of a number of products/services from pursuit to order capture, design and development, produce/implement to delivery, service and support, and retirement. The Product Line Manager will set the road map and execution for a line of services at Collins IMS designed to enable various types of Ground or cockpit Applications, including ground application hosting and delivery or cockpit application hosting on-board the aircraft. The role is the face and owner of the business associated with these services.
- Accountable for full product life cycle value stream of relevant services: pursuit to order capture, design and development, produce/implement to deliver, service and support, and retirement.
- Accountable for strategic and financial planning for responsible services.
- Accountable for achieving global service Profit & Loss: revenue, cost, and gross margin targets as defined in plan.
- Develop and maintain a product road map that defines feature development and investment. Should integrate with strategic and financial plan.
- Work with Program Management, Engineering, Sales, Finance, and other stakeholders to ensure success.
- Set global pricing for responsible services.
- Will require managing investment for new services or additional features for existing services.
- May prepare pursuit and order capture strategies including most important requirements, competitive face-off, customer contact plans and related action planning.
- Visit airlines and work with customer facing roles (Sales, Regional Product Specialists) to understand value of services in the market and drive changes.
- Actively engage in relevant industry events.
- Work with Engineering to drive technology engagement that is relevant to the services. Track market and technology developments that impact the service lines.
- Maintain a firm understanding of the competitive position of the responsible services within the market.
- Work with Program Management for the execution of major capital development projects.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required.
- 7 years’ experience working in relevant field preferred (aviation, airlines, supporting technology/service providers, dispatch, weather, etc.).
- Experience working for an airline with dispatch knowledge and connected aircraft is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrates business acumen (go to market; accounting and financial principles; organizational discipline; process orientation; risks and opportunities management; etc.).
- Clear understanding of the commercial aviation industry, airlines, dispatch operations and on-board tablet or AID applications aircraft.
- Shows strong understanding of airline operations and government organizations (Weather, Flight Ops, Tech Ops, IT) and the problems solved and created by applications supporting these areas.
- Experience in relevant technologies: applications, public cloud, software as a service, IP aircraft connectivity and protocols (ACARS, SATCOM, cellular), EFBs, aircraft interface devices, etc.
- Ability to think critically and creatively.
- History of collaboration and communication.
- Travel up to 20%. May vary.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms