Manager, ContractsBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01364212 Date posted 10/31/2019 City Annapolis State Maryland Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HMD31: Annapolis, MD 2551 Riva Road , Annapolis, MD, 21401-7435 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.The nature of our global business is complex and we are part of one of the fastest growing industries on the planet. Our success relies on the Office of the General Counsel to help us get the job done. As a valued partner, the Office of the General Counsel plays an integral role in the Collins Aerospace technologies becoming a reality in space, in the air, or on the ground. The team members bring their passion, expertise and humor to everything they do, from safeguarding our collective world class team’s inventive ideas to helping us maintain the highest standards of ethical behavior. Enjoy working with diverse groups? Want opportunities to grow your career at a fast-paced, global enterprise? If you want to bring your legal expertise to the aerospace industry, our team could be a great fit for you.
This position is for an experienced contracts professional with deep knowledge and highly developed technical expertise in contracts drafting, negotiation, administration and litigation. Oversees multiple contract negotiations for the organization with an emphasis on protecting corporate interests and adhering to corporate compliance policies.
- Drafts, generates, interprets and manages the large and complex contract documents (international and domestic), in accordance with internal and external customer schedules and requests, to ensure these documents properly reflect business objectives.
- Supports managers and directors by coordinating input from other organizations (e.g. tax, finance, legal) during all phases of the contracting process from the proposal stage to contract execution.
- Directs analysis and prepares reports to ensure that contract terms and conditions are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters consistent with corporate policies.
- Conducts proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities to ensure contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
- Advises the Airports line of businessunits on legal and business issues generated by contractual terms and conditions and leads negotiations to secure corporate interests.
- Independently creates proposals, negotiates and executes contracts.
- Provides contractual guidance relating to all terms and conditions in a contract.
- Prepares contractual documentation for contract negotiations and relationships.
- Responsible for maintaining historical records generated by the contracting process (e.g approvals and compliance).
- Ability to independently draft, interpret, negotiate and manage the large and complex contract documents, and review proposals in accordance with internal and external customer schedules and requests, to ensure these documents properly reflect business objectives and corporate policies.
- Excellent communication skills – the ability to advise the Business Units on contractual and business issues generated by contractual terms and conditions.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms