Global Networks Program ManagerBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01304367 Date posted 04/15/2019 City Annapolis State Maryland Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HMD31: Annapolis, MD 2551 Riva Road , Annapolis, MD, 21401-7435 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The Technology Services and Operations (TS&O) team is seeking a Program Manager for the ARINC Global Network (AGN). The AGN is a globally distributed network that services multiple Rockwell Collins Business Units, and the AGN Program Manager will be managing the program portfolio/project execution for this shared service. The qualifications, role / responsibilities, and functions include, but are not limited to:
- Working closely with the International and Americas Business Units that may leverage the AGN in supporting the growth/development of new and existing Products and Services.
- Roadmap future network enhancements and technologies to meet existing and future Business Unit Requirements
- Provide program and project management of Business Unit initiatives that leverage the AGN
- Identify common Business Unit requirements and work with Engineering teams to field service/network enhancements
- Assisting the BU/Account Managers and their respective customers in collecting/clarifying their requirements and assist in mapping said requirements to AGN Network and or messaging products/solutions/services. This includes support on non-standard customer requirements/solutions (proposals, etc).
- Launching and implementing new customer requirements ensuring projects are successfully completed within scope, schedule and budget. Ensure prompt and proactive technical support is readily available to customers to solve and technical issues/complaints.
- Identifying critical issues that impede success and suggest/implement plans to resolve them.
- Reviewing current service process making recommendations for improvement and/or growth opportunities as necessary.
- Training\Mentoring junior personnel as required\requested by supporting business units.
- Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience
- Masters Degree and Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus.
- Ten plus years of combined technical and program management experience; strategic planning experience.
- Technical experience in the Aviation, Telecommunications Industry, or Network Operations is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in project management working with Scope, Schedule, Budget, etc.
- A firm demonstrated technical aptitude in Aviation and/or Network Communications.
- Possess strong, proven leadership skills, traits, and characteristics.
- Knowledge in Network, Application Protocols (TCP/IP, MPLS, MATIP, MQ, IATA Host to Host) is a plus.
- Fluent in most of the followings software applications: MS Office (Word, PPT, Project).
- Ability to work in a collaborative, flexible environment supporting innovative solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- A highly organized, eager team player with strong work ethic.
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms