Cybersecurity Engineer/Analyst - New Grads WelcomeBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01358187 Date posted 10/08/2019 City Annapolis State Maryland Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HMD31: Annapolis, MD 2551 Riva Road , Annapolis, MD, 21401-7435 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Collins Aerospace is seeking a Cybersecurity Analyst who will work as part of a team and has the responsibility for administering a security governance framework in support of Collins services globally. The team's primary responsibility is the design, deployment, and operation of a shared security services supporting thousands of systems from multiple data-centers and the services they provide around the globe. The Cybersecurity Analyst will help ensure that Collins’ cyber-defense capabilities are expanded into existing systems and properly integrated into new system solutions.
The Cybersecurity Analyst’s role is to:
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a security governance framework
- Support internal risk assessments and audits of Collins businesses and services
- Conduct security assessments of third party providers and tools
- Work with internal stakeholders to respond to customer security questionnaires (pre- and post-sales) and evaluate information assurance contractual agreements
- Assist in evaluating information security systems
- Provide input to strategic and tactical goals in securing the network and associated systems
- Research cybersecurity technologies
- Analyze countermeasures and risk mitigation solutions to reduce the probability of attacks and threats
- Expand existing knowledge of cyber-security tools, techniques, and procedures including endpoint protection, SIEM, security forensics, dynamic and static application application testing, host and network IDS/IPS, threat intelligence, and security incident response
- Assist with the creation of reports and briefings to provide an accurate depiction of the latest threats and security risks
- Ability to complete multiple projects/assignments concurrently while adjusting to changing priorities
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Good presentation skills with the ability to present to a variety of audiences
- General understanding of the collection and analysis of firewall, network and host logs
- General understanding of intrusion detection system (IDS) alerts to identify malicious actors
- General understanding of various network technologies such as endpoint protection, firewalls, system-logs, and intrusion detection systems
- General understanding of computer exploitation methodologies and data correlation through the use of a System Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- Two or more years’ experience in an information assurance or security assessment/audit role.
- Knowledge of or experience with major security frameworks (e.g. NIST, ISO, PCI)
Education and Certifications:
- This position requires Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline (STEM degree preferred). In the absence of a degree, 4 years of experience is required.
- This position requires US Person status (US Citizen)
- Technical certification, such as Network+, Security+, CCNA Security, CISA, CISSP, GIAC or other relevant information assurance certifications (SANS, EC-Council, etc.) desired.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms