Capture ManagerBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 15947 Date posted 02/11/2019 City Annapolis State Maryland Country United States
Requisition ID: 15947
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies – Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
The Capture Manager leads a team of proposal professionals and subject matter experts in the development of proposal artifacts for critical must-win Commercial Systems pursuits. The ideal candidate will be a member of the pursuit team’s leadership core (consisting of the Capture Team Leader, Program Manager or Account Manager, Technical Lead and Business Development Manager) and is instrumental in building a team-wide, big-picture pursuit vision and coaching and driving the capture team to make that vision a reality.
For the right candidate we may be open to a different location reporting to the leader of the IMS Global Capture Center of Acquisition Excellence.
- Coach capture teams on the pursuit and order capture process and provide instruction on how to develop top-quality capture strategy plans and supporting proposal artifacts.
- Conduct frequent in-process capture strategy and proposal reviews for responsiveness, compliance, argument coherence, and claim substantiation and coach authors with structured feedback to drive improvements.
- Drive capture teams at each step in the capture strategy and proposal development process to apply critical thinking in the development of customer most important requirements, strategies, themes, discriminators, and other proposal materials.
- Challenge capture teams when they are off-course; drive and ensure the necessary course corrections are implemented at the team and individual level to avoid re-work.
- Drive the development of best practices and lessons learned to continuously improve the pursuit and order capture process.
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure complete bid and proposal needs are met.
- Coordinate the activities of proposal volume leaders and numerous technical authors to produce high quality, winning proposals while meeting stringent schedule requirements.
- Conduct strategy sessions, Price to Win, and blue, white, pink, and red teams.
- Drive critical thought in bid management process, ensuring appropriate integration of solution design and associated pricing strategy.
- Assist pursuit teams with the development of high quality tailored proposal content such as Executive Summaries.
- Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience.
- MBA or other graduate degree is preferred.
- Ten (10) or more years of proposal management or program management experience.
- APMP-Practitioner™ Level certification or above is preferred.
Key skills for success:
- Skillful communicator and decision-maker across functional areas used to understand issues facing pursuit teams and distill them into innovative solutions to be applied across proposals.
- Decisive problem solver across an array of pursuit issues.
- Exhibit the temperament to successfully resolve conflict.
- Critical thinker, who poses insightful questions to guide the team to better refined win strategies.
- Critical eye for the written word, and a breadth of experience to coach teams using lessons learned and best practices.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.