Engineer, System Engineering-CADBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01315169 Date posted 06/17/2019 City Aguadilla State Puerto Rico Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW222: P&W Puerto Rico, Road 110 North Km28.8, San Antonio Industrial Park, Aguadilla, PR 00603 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you. Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
We have an exciting opening for an Engineer, Systems Engineering in Aguadilla Puerto Rico.
Performs analysis at all levels of the total system product including concept, design, fabrication, modeling, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Considers and evaluates alternatives accounting for similar metrics. Manages configuration process, performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs architectural exploration. Decomposes customer specifications and system level requirements into sub-system and piece part requirements, and generates verification criteria and plans for the requirements.
- Develop solutions associate with the alignment and integration of CAD tools.
- Assist in the development of CAD solution plans and structures.
- Development of automation scripting and code, as well as addressing end user incidents and request for assistance
- Provide Level 1 end user support of CAD software including but no limited to Zuken tools, mentor tools and multi-CAD data management and integration in development and production environments
- Perform root cause analysis, debugging problems with the CAD environment, to develop, test and implement fixes to prevent recurrence.
- Monitor, address and resolve production CAD environment incidents, service request, workflows, client installs package and others.
- Document all aspect of system support, document best practices, methods, training guide.
- Support System Integration and User acceptance Testing as necessary
- Provide demos to users and prepare training material.
- Research and propose new technology for the electrical design space.
- Attend and have participation in group meetings, teleconferences and/or training required.
- Actively participate in initiatives for continuous improvement using ACE tools.
- Support project management activities.
- Based on business needs, the incumbent may be required to support other duties/functions within the company.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or mechanical Engineering
US Citizenship required due to government contracts
English fluency (verbal and written)
3 years of related experience in systems engineering
- Experience understand the Hardware Engineering design space for Electrical Design Tools
- Knowledge in the use and application of Electrical design tools, Visualization tools, CAE Validation and Verification tools and Translator tools among others.
- Prior experience with primary CAD tools (mentor, Zuken) for PCB layout, constraints management, analysis, simulation and integration to PDM/PLM tools
- Good communication and presentation skills in English (verbal and written).
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms