ENG-PWPR-Intern, International Trade ComplianceBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01373535 Date posted 12/05/2019 City Aguadilla State Puerto Rico Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW222: P&W Puerto Rico, Road 110 North Km28.8, San Antonio Industrial Park, Aguadilla, PR 00603 USA
Pratt and Whitney Puerto Rico (PWPR) is an Aerospace Engineering Center located in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico who design, evaluate and support gas turbine engines, airframe systems, and other aerospace products in the areas of software, drafting, structures analysis, modeling, mechanical design, tool design, and others. Pratt & Whitney is a global company that develops classified and/or restrictive technology that must not be shared with other countries or foreign nationals without prior US Government authorization. PW is a global company that requires developing and managing export and import controls daily. The International Trade Compliance (ITC) department protects PWUS from Export Violations while streamlining the inherent processes required to meet business needs.
The ITC department at Pratt & Whitney Puerto Rico is currently looking for a motivated and talented Intern to join its team. In this role, the Intern will get exposure to and learn critical thinking skills necessary to ensure compliance with government regulations in the conduct of new technologies development, international marketing, sales, supply chain, and other business activities. Such activities will require carrying out daily activities related to product classification. Maintains applicable trade compliance records following regulatory requirements. Supports the Legal department in investigating and resolving compliance problems, questions, or complaints.
It is an exciting time at Pratt & Whitney Puerto Rico! This is a unique opportunity for an engineering or law undergraduate student to get high-quality industrial experience and potentially start a long career in International Trade Compliance.
Specific responsibilities of this role include:
- Create technical data packages and determine export control jurisdiction and classification of technical data proposed and assess technical content.
- Analyze and interpret requirements for technical data determination.
- Ability to process all required export or import documentation for international shipments and review these shipments for any potential compliance issues.
- Responsible for daily classification of commodities using the HTS and Census Schedule B Export Codes.
- Maintain and update the product master database with applicable HTS classifications or ECCN determinations.
- Create and provide reporting as requested.
- Ensure compliance with the US and International Export and Import Regulations.
- Understand classification On-Time Delivery (OTD) metrics and turnbacks.
- Review red flags or watch list screening “hits” and elevating them following the guidance in Standard Procedure.
- Assist with and participate in internal compliance audits and investigations related to export controls.
Education and Qualifications:
Candidates should be pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Law, International Trade Compliance or Supply Chain Management with a minimum of 30 credits completed. U.S. citizenship is required; positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Successful candidates will be expected to:
- Be fluent in English (verbal and written).
- Communicate effectively to both technical peers and senior management.
- Be able to manage multiple tasks and adhere to specific timetables.
- Be a strong team player in a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrate the ability for critical thinking.
- Demonstrate detail, process and results-oriented.
- Have experience with Microsoft Office Applications
Pratt and Whitney Puerto Rico is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms