Machinist IBusinesses UTC AEROSPACE SYSTEMS Job ID 74947BR Date posted 10/13/2018 City Spokane State Washington Country US
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Today, the fully integrated landing systems we design, test and manufacture help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely. But we aren’t satisfied with today’s success. Our global Landing Systems team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
Get onboard the UTC Aerospace Operations and Supply Chain team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. Operations and Supply Chain employees have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
- Adhere to all engineering instruction, standard operation procedures, and all departmental procedures Processes include first machining, skim cut machining, pre-oxy machining and Lighthouse.
Basic operation knowledge of the following elements is expected:
- Intermediate computer skills required
- First machining operations, including set up (CNC lathe and mill)
- Lighthouse machining operations, including set up (CNC lathe and rotary surface grinders)
- Pre-Oxy operations and minor set up processes (CNC lathe, CNC mill, 5-axis mill-turn, geometry pre-setter and CMM)
- Weekly TPM processes
- Prints and applicable GD&T
- Production Orders
- Applicable instructions (WI, SOP, Reference documents…)
- All gauging required, including CMM • Verifying gauge calibration
- First Piece Inspection procedure
- Tools, inserts and their functions
- G&M codes, Macro programming and editing process
- Adhere to all safety policies (Cardinal Rules)
- 5S/continuous improvement processes (ACE)
Operate the following equipment and tools:
- Fork truck
- RF and bar code scanners
- Dust collection system
- Precision gauging and various tools (micrometers, calipers, drills, inserts, etc.)
- 4th and 1st piece inspections
- Ability to identify and document out-of-spec conditions
- Daily machine inspections
- Calibration verification
- Inventory tracking and reporting - Intermediate computer skills required
- Ability to work rotating, 12 hour shifts - 90% of shift hours standing
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- Associate's / Technical Degree (two years) preferred
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.