Manager, Engine Services FP&ABusinesses PRATT & WHITNEY Job ID 71868BR Date posted 09/14/2018 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country US
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If you aspire to work in a fast-paced environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
We have a rare opportunity for an FP&A Manager to be based in East Hartford, CT.
P&W Commercial Engine Services is looking for a Manager to oversee and engage in a wide range of contract management and financial planning and analysis activities, including: contract estimate at completion (EAC) and variance analysis, financial planning and forecasting, customer proposals and analysis, and controls and compliance.
The Manager will report directly to the Senior Manager for P&W Engine Services LT Contracts and will provide critical financial support to the Associate Director, P&W Engine Services Finance as well as to the Director. They will work closely with the fleet manager for each of their respective contracts and work effectively within a cross functional team from Engineering, Customer Management, Sales, and Operations Analytics and will present regular variance analysis to the VP of Engine Services and the Executive Director of Engine Services. With a P&L of ~$3.5B of annual revenue and over $45B of backlog, Engine Services is setting the strategy for the future of Commercial Engines.
Specific job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Calculating and analyzing contract estimates at completion (EACs) for multiple fleet management contracts on the V2500, PW4000, PW2000, and GTF engine portfolios.
- Prepare and present all financial analysis related to the contract EACs to P&W Executive leadership and external auditors.
- Prepare and present all financial analysis related to specific customer proposals and contract restructuring activities.
- Coordinate all monthly, quarterly, and annual closing activities including the consolidation and submission of actual financial results for multiple fleet management contracts.
- Coordinate all MML and OMM planning activities for P&W Engine Services including the consolidation, submission, and presentation of all short and long term forecasts for multiple fleet management contracts.
- Coordinate the annual rate recalculation for multiple fleet management contracts and provide necessary support for our invoicing vendor
- Provide overall financial oversight for multiple fleet management contracts as well as ongoing support for the contract's fleet manager
- Use ACE tools for continuous operational improvement plans in support of achieving ACE gold.
- BS/BA Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of experience in a Finance role
- Experience working with Contracts and EAC is a strong plus
- Aerospace industry experience preferred.
- A strong work ethic and proven analytical, organization and time management skills
- Strong financial and analytical skills and be able to effectively communicate throughout all functions of these businesses
- Strong desire to take on projects and implement operational improvement initiatives
- Team orientated, possess strong interpersonal skills and be able to interact across all levels of the organization
- Self-starter who takes ownership of assigned projects and initiatives
- Experience with ACE is a plus
Education: Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting required
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.