Shipping and ReceivingBusinesses UTC AEROSPACE SYSTEMS Job ID 71315BR Date posted 08/16/2018 City Colorado Springs State Colorado Country US
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
The high-quality products we design, produce and service in our Interiors, Actuation and Propeller Systems (IAPS) business allow both passengers and crew members to have a more comfortable experience and greater piece of mind during flight. From lighting and actuation systems to propellers, evacuation systems and seating - what we design and manufacture works together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class customer service, yet passengers don't even know we're there - and that's how we like it!
Our Specialty Seating Systems is recognized as a leading designer, developer, and manufacturer of a broad spectrum of aerospace specialty seating products. Our state-of-the-art, 16g dynamically certified cockpit and cabin crew seats, and 30g crashworthy helicopter seats are showcased on commercial, regional, business, and military aircraft for most major OEMs. Our portfolio includes proprietary products designed specifically for Boeing, Airbus, Cessna, and Bombardier, as well as key military OEMs to include Lockheed Martin and Boeing Military. We recruit the best talent and use the best processes to solve some of the industry's greatest challenges - safely, ethically and responsibly. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team. How our people perform is as important as how our products operate.
The Shipping/Receiving Clerk is responsible for assisting high-level S/R employees in receiving, unpacking and examining goods, and routing incoming goods to departments. Assists in preparing products for shipment. Interfaces with manufacturing personnel as required to ensure on-time delivery to our customers. This is an entry-level shipping/receiving position and once proficiency of skills is gained through cross-training in various areas, this individual has the potential to move into a higher-level shipping/receiving position.
- Receives, unpacks, and examines goods shipped and verifies completeness of shipments against bills of lading, invoices, and other records
- Counts and compares quantity and identification numbers of units against an order
- Processes receipts and delivery of material from suppliers to other areas of the facility
- Prepares materials for shipment, coordinates carrier pick-ups and accurately presents shipments to carriers with proper documentation
- Completes shipping documents and freight bills for daily shipments
- Prepares identifying information and shipping instructions on containers.
- Moves containers to shipping dock using a hand truck or other similar equipment
- Interfaces with all levels of manufacturing personnel as required. Coordinates with other areas of the plant to determine material needs
- Assists in determining and initiating packaging requirements for next day’s ship
- Processes and maintains returned goods
- Processes and boxes spares for shipment
- Takes an active role to ensure Environment, Health, and Safety standards and procedures are met and complied with
- Looks for ways to eliminate safety hazards and improve the overall safety of the workplace
- Provides continuous improvement ideas in order to support lean and ACE initiatives
- Ensures quality product utilizing UTAS quality procedures
- Audits work area for safety compliance
- At least 1-year relevant job-related experience and/or training required
- Prior shipping/receiving/warehouse/inventory experience a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Basic computer knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel and ability to learn new software programs
- Detail oriented with demonstrated ability to focus on a task
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs
At this time, UTC Aerospace Systems will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- High School Diploma
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.