Digital Technologies, Solution ArchitectBusinesses PRATT & WHITNEY Job ID 70653BR Date posted 08/16/2018 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country US
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If you aspire to work in a fast-paced environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
We have a rare opportunity for a Digital Technologies, Solution Architect, HFM Finance to be based in E. Hartford, CT.
The Pratt & Whitney Digital Technology (P&W DT) team is a seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and career-minded individual for the position of solution architect. We are looking for someone who is highly accomplished with an extensive hands-on technical background and success designing enterprise scale technical solutions. The ideal Solution Architect will challenge the boundaries of what’s possible and work collaboratively across the organization participating in the next generation of user experience for externally facing systems. The essence of the solution architect role is the conversion of the requirements from functional analysts into an architecture and design artifacts. It will be important to consider proven behavior patterns while staying abreast of the latest techniques. The initial project will be introducing a contemporary experience using newly adopted product management and continuous development techniques.
- Study and comprehend P&W system architecture and landscapes.
- Research potential solutions and assist in the evaluation, validation and selection of replacement technology solutions that best meet the demands of user experience design.
- Provide architectural advice across multiple initiatives and organizations.
- Produce and adapt designs that transform with business demands and motivate team efforts towards successful strategies and delivery.
- Collaborate with other technical resources – product managers, software developers, business analysts and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain the external digital experience.
- Prepare presentations, diagrams and other documentation necessary to evaluate, communicate and delivery technical solutions to business stakeholders and development teams.
- Assess opportunities for process improvement.
- 7+ years’ experience as a solution architect or technical lead.
- 2+ years' experience working in an agile, scum or adaptive development environment with a focus on safety, security, and compliance
- 2+ years' experience with enterprise platforms, web-based frameworks and managed private cloud environments.
- Analytical and logical person who can convey requirements from key collaborators to developers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Highly-motivated, self-directed, and able to effectively lead efforts on large, complex projects with multiple partners.
- Attention to detail, deadlines and reporting – driving continuous improvement utilizing an iterative approach.
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and time management skills, including strong and efficient multi-tasking capability.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, or related business discipline(s).
Master's degree in CS, MIS, or other related business discipline
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.