Mgr, Bus SystemsBusinesses UTC CLIMATE, CONTROLS & SECURITY Job ID 70658BR Date posted 08/14/2018 City Mebane State North Carolina Country US
The JDE Functional Lead will be a highly motivated individual with primary responsibility for assessing all aspects of business processes and procedures utilizing best business practices and current analysis techniques and methodologies.
They will routinely perform as a cross-functional team member and lead, to analyze business issues and initiatives to define requirements, identify and recommend solutions to complex problems and enhancements to current procedures or processes. A goal-focused, team player able to manage local and off-shore teams.
- Develop and maintain project plans and functional specifications for IT management and developers.
- Identify and implement best practices in JD Edwards 9.2. Including new tools and features as available.
- Communicate effectively via written, verbal and presentation mediums.
- Research and resolve JD Edwards application issues, working closely with business users and technical resources.
- Ensure continuous improvement practices and opportunities are optimized.
- Identify and propose system improvements and efficiency opportunities.
- Actively participate and lead cross-functional project teams.
- Follow required software development life cycle principals.
- Provide project status reporting, keeping management informed as project progress and priorities change.
- 7 years functional experience with JD Edwards, at least 5 years with E1, 9.x version.
- Strong JD Edwards 9.x functional knowledge in Sales Order Processing, Purchase Order Processing and Inventory Management.
- Project management experience with leading small to medium scale projects.
- Experience integrating third party software with JD Edwards.
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
- Experience with eCommerce and EDI, is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with basic JD Edwards technical tools.
- Experience with reporting tools, such as Showcase Query or Hubble.
- Strong SQL and diverse database knowledge.
- Experience with Six Sigma continuous improvement methodology is a plus.
- BA/BS degree from an accredited school in the area of computer science, business administration, or related field.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.