Quality Metrics / Digital SpecialistBusinesses UTC AEROSPACE SYSTEMS Job ID 68986BR Date posted 07/13/2018 City Windsor Locks State Connecticut Country US
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us
- You could be a great fit for our Quality organization if:
- You take immense satisfaction and pride in the quality of your work.
- You’re the first to point out opportunities for continuous improvement (even outside of work…not at all to the annoyance of your friends and family).
- You understand the absolute importance of adhering to compliance…all while making your customers (and boss!) super proud by achieving a zero-defect quality delivery plan.
This position is to enhance the Metrics collection-reporting strategy for UTAS, and the administration of the EtQ Software Suite.
The candidate will be responsible for driving a consistent metric definition and collection across UTAS and will update and maintain the appropriate procedures, standard work, and develop training as necessary.
- The employee will be in charge of gathering, analyzing, and reporting data for UTC Aerospace.
- They will drive complete reporting across the organization, consolidate metric reports, and create slide content for reporting to senior Executives and UTC Corporate.
- The candidate will be responsible for ensuring all inputs are collected on time and that the data is consistent and aligned with UTAS Procedures.
- The candidate will work with digital to design and program digital solution and to ensure a consistent digital solution is implemented across UTAS to collect and analyze defect data.
- The candidate will also review and approve requests by the individual sites to update metrics from prior months.
- The candidate will also administer and support the EtQ Reliance software across the Enterprise.
Some of the tasks include:
- Making changes within existing modules (workflows, views, fields, etc.)
- Creating a new module
- Reviewing error logs and performing RRCA on failures
- Maintaining of EtQ Security Profiles
- Supporting and developing UPPAP queries and reports
- Supporting the deployment of the EtQ solutions
- 5 years of experience in a Continuous Improvement role in Manufacturing and/or Quality.
- 1 years of experience as a user and/or administrator with EtQ software.
- 2 years of experience with UPPAP reviewing and approving UPPAP packages.
- 2 years as a user in an SAP ERP environment preferred.
- Strong communication and organization skills.
- Strong hands-on and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor of Science degree in IT, Engineering or Science Preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.