Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)Businesses UTC CLIMATE, CONTROLS & SECURITY Job ID 66141BR Date posted 05/09/2018 City Salem State Oregon Country US
UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
The Fire and Security Products group at UTC Climate, Controls & Security develops a comprehensive product portfolio to protect buildings, people and assets; providing innovative security products that include advanced software and hardware, IP solutions, wireless communications, electronic locking systems and mobile applications, fire extinguishers, carbon monoxide and smoke detectors, and fire suppression systems. Among its leading brands are Lenel, Interlogix, Supra, Onity, Kidde, Fenwal and Marioff offering robust security and life safety systems, affordable, flexible lock and key management solutions, and fire safety equipment and systems.
- Develop automated and unit tests against a variety of components (web, mobile, client) using tools like C#.net, SoapUI, WATIR, Appium, etc.
- Execute black box test cases with a variety of mobile apps, devices, and configurations
- Lead test effort on small sustaining projects, and support QA tech lead on large projects
- Overcome technical road blocks through creativity and tenacity
- Continuously learns and stays current with technology and industry best practices
- Support our customers by troubleshooting and verifying fixes to critical sustaining issues
- Provide reliable estimates of future efforts with clear identification of risks and assumptions
- Strives to develop the simplest solutions to the most complex problems
- Values quality over quantity and fosters a quality first mindset and culture
- Manages conflicting demands for time by prioritizing work and clear communication
- 2+ years of professional experience (SDET, QA engineer, or software engineer preferred)
- 2+ years of demonstrated proficiency with at least one high level, object oriented programming language (e.g. C#, Java, Objective-C, Swift, Python, and/or C++)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience working with development environments such as Microsoft Visual Studio, XCode, and/or Eclipse
- Experience with test automation tools such as SoapUI, WATIR, Appium, etc.
- Experience with the full defect life cycle and defect tracking systems
- Experience designing SQL database and developing SQL queries
- Comfortable working in the Windows operating systems, with mobile OSs (iOS and Android), and the .NET development environment
- Understanding of internet protocols and interfaces such as HTML, REST APIs, JSON, TCP/IP, HTTP, and XML/SOAP
- Must have a Bachelors Degree in an engineering or related field
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.