Pr Marketing Manager, Business & Regional AvionicsBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01373613 Date posted 11/29/2019 City Singapore Country Singapore
Location:18 Loyang Lane, Singapore
This position is responsible to grow and manage the Business & Regional Avionics and Aftermarket business in APAC. It has the responsibility for the formulation of the business strategies which address the current and future market requirements in the Region for the Business & Regional Aircraft (B&RA) market segment:. Main areas of expertise are around Cabin Management System & its related products, Integrated Flight Deck solutions (ProLine Family), Satellite Communication (SATCOM) product lines. In addition, develop and orchestrate aftermarket Go-to market plans to assist in growth in sales and aftermarket opportunities in the B&RA segment including new opportunities.
- Plan and manage the Marketing effort for B&RA Avionics and aftermarket pursuits.
- Identify, plan and qualify opportunities in conjunction with regional Sales team, Services and Business units’ strategies.
- Support the Sales forces and B&RA Business Unit by providing market and competitive assessments, and participate to the pursuit strategy formulation.
- Regional lead for coordination and execution of aftermarket programs, to ensure flawless execution.
- Develop Go-to-Market plan to assist Sales team in their efforts to grow sales in the Asia Pacific region.
- Responsible for assisting in the development of strategic business plans in designated areas of responsibility, including new areas of growth beyond the core business plan objectives.
- Conduct in-depth research and market assessments that enable the projection of future market needs.
- Able to develop and gain industry insights into competitive landscape. Gather key intelligence of competitive market intelligence in the region, strength and weakness so that Sales team are properly equipped when engaging with their customers.
- Pro-actively support the Sales team in executing their order plan by providing tools (sales kits, brochures, demonstration plan, etc) and directions.
- Provide inputs to the communication group (in the region and in the US) to develop the MARCOM collaterals. Contributes to the implementation of the regional communication plan.
- Lead/Support market facing events such as shows and conferences. This includes organizing and support Collins Aerospace events, Trade/Industry shows.
- Support and guide business areas in the development and sale of products, services, certification and capabilities to meet identified customer needs in order to achieve profitable growth.
- Lead the capture of operational requirements for the B&RA Avionics strategic segment.
- Able to understand the technical aspects of the market requirements and support Marketing requirements and business plan justification through the Decision Point Process.
- Establish and maintain contacts with senior influential customers and provide the liaison between customer and company personnel.
- Interface with the customers to influence specifications, statements of needs and required operational capabilities, to create win-win situations for the customer and for the division’s products and services.
- Interface with the Business Unit to drive market requirements for regional product specifications, functionalities and certification needs.
- Provide an interface and coordination with Program management, Engineering, Sales and the Marketing leadership in performing research, plan development, pursuits, and execution of programs on a program by program basis.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to customers, at the appropriate levels as well as to management personnel. Support the company in market facing activities acting as a brand carrier for the company.
- Encourage customers to provide a full account of their problem, paraphrases for clarity, and then works with customer to develop a favorable solution.
- Able to make quick and well-informed decisions, even under high pressure situations.
- Create networks of contacts by participating in both industry and community events, across the APAC region demonstrating cultural empathy.
- Establish the appropriate network of contacts across both Avionics and Business Unit to establish champions in the appropriate areas to ensure real, win, worth business cases.
- Develop and deliver clear and effective presentations, skillfully addressing difficult questions and managing the audience.
- Display sensitivity and awareness of how his/her actions affect Customers and Co-workers.
- Speak clearly and comfortably in both planned and impromptu situations.
- Make recommendations for ways to capitalize on the organization's competitive strengths.
- Educate the team about the value of diversity and encourages its members to take advantage of the diverse backgrounds and experiences of team members.
- Ability to build comraderies’ with fellow colleagues and leadership gaining their trust and making the team better.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Build strong affinity with customers. Primary customer interface are Business Jet owners, Director of Maintenance, CAMO, FBO operators and Avionics dealers.
- Proven interaction with customers at all levels. Strong understanding of the industry and customers in the Asia Pacific region.
- Extensive working knowledge of B&RA Avionics systems will be a plus.
- Demonstrated track record of achievement of performance goals, budget management and internal/external communication skills.
- Understanding of Life-Cycle Value Stream and DP Process.
- Team player, trust worthiness, eagerness to learn, willing to take on additional tasking beyond job scope where necessary.
- Proven Sales or Technical Sales experiences.
- Background in Program Management.
- Understanding of Customers & Dealers buy-behaviors and processes.
- Working knowledge of FAA/EASASTC process.
- Previous OEM engagement.
- Proven development and execution of Marketing Plans and product / system / solution positioning in the marketplace.
- Works with relatively little supervision and key team player.
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate discipline or equivalent with 6- 8 years of related experience with extensive knowledge of Business Jet, Regional Aircraft and General Aviation market. MBA is a plus.
- Flight/Pilot operations experience, maintenance/ repair operations, or engineering experience is preferred although not required.
- Proven track record of performance goals, budget management and good communication skills
- Proven interaction with customers at various levels; proficient in both oral and written English.
- Relationships and contacts with Asia Pacific regional dealers and MRO network will be highly desirable
- 50% travel is required
- Position is based in Singapore on local terms.
- Full Command of English Language.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms