Technical Project ManagerBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01339571 Date posted 08/08/2019 City Annapolis State Maryland Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HMD31: Annapolis, MD 2551 Riva Road , Annapolis, MD, 21401-7435 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
Rockwell Collins is looking for a Technical Project Manager with a passion for engineering and the desire to influence teams responsible for designing and developing our next generation of industry-leading communication products. The candidate will work with customers, engineering management, program management, technical engineering leads across multiple disciplines, and engineering support groups.This is an engineering position with focus on the full life-cycle of communications systems to provide solutions and support for both domestic and international customers. The organizational objective is to successfully design, develop, integrate, and maintain the network and software products that support a new product line in the connected aircraft arena.
- Program execution management – provide realization of successful communication systems during the full system life-cycle. This includes management and oversight for evolving solutions from stakeholder needs, while exploring opportunities, documenting requirements, designing, developing, verifying, validating, and evolving solutions.
- Project Engineering and Cost Account Management – develop and enact cost & schedule execution plans that are in compliance with stakeholder needs and internal Rockwell Collins processes and procedures; understand risks and variances; assist in the development of mitigation plans; become 100% involved in the day-to-day program execution.
- Managing individuals planning, organizing, resource allocation, as well as project management skills including earned value analysis.
- Work across IMS and Commercial Systems development teams to ensure successful project completion.
- Additional responsibilities will include customer interaction, and communication with department and program management.
- A successful candidate will have knowledge of cost and schedule management, software and systems development process and practices.
- The candidate must demonstrate sound decision making skills, strategic thinking, communication skills, networking skills, and able to accurately forecast project work and costs.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
- The ability to build trust and confidence with customers, engineers, technicians, program management, and product line management to achieve program and business objective
- Leadership by example, building trust and inspiring people through a shared vision where people feel valued, empowered, and fulfilled
- Possess expertise in systems engineering, systems implementation, and project management, including life-cycle management; system definition; engineering design processes; architecture definition; system modelling; system implementation; configuration management; change control; system integration; verification and validation; manufacturing transition; risk management; and continuous process improvement
- Experience with project cost/schedule/performance management
- Experience with proposal effort coordination, including parametric estimating, bidding, narrative writing, risk identification, and technical leadership
- Successful leadership of complex systems development from requirements through verification
- Ability to independently lead and support technical meetings with customers, teammates, project management, production liaisons, and leadership
- Ability to travel up to 20% is required
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms