Sr. Contracts ManagerBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01339499 Date posted 07/29/2019 City Charlotte State North Carolina Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CA413: Chubb - Onity NC Remote Location, Charlotte, NC, 28277 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
The high quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely – every day! From landing systems and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch – the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!The nature of our global business is complex and we are part of one of the fastest growing industries on the planet. Our success relies on the Office of the General Counsel to help us get the job done. As a valued partner, the Office of the General Counsel plays an integral role in the Collins Aerospace technologies becoming a reality in space, in the air, or on the ground. The team members bring their passion, expertise and humor to everything they do, from safeguarding our collective world class team’s inventive ideas to helping us maintain the highest standards of ethical behavior. Enjoy working with diverse groups? Want opportunities to grow your career at a fast-paced, global enterprise? If you want to bring your legal expertise to the aerospace industry, our team could be a great fit for you.
This position is for a Senior contracts professional recognized as a master in the negotiation of contracts. Oversees projects and directs work product of less experienced contracts professionals. Implements legal strategy in support of business interests. Communicates and influences senior function leaders regarding matters of significant importance. Improves department processes through the application of deep knowledge and experience in the contracts function.
• Leads the drafting, generation, interpretation and management of global and highly complex proposals and contract documents, in accordance with internal and external customer schedules and requests, to ensure these documents properly reflect business objectives.
• Collaborates with the Contract Manger to coordinate input from other organizations during the sales campaign process.
• Leads analysis and preparation of reports to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines.
• Coaches and mentors junior professionals and reviews their work to ensure output is of quality and in accordance with business objectives.
• Leads proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities to ensure contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
• Advises the organization on issues concerning contract matters.
• Assists leadership on training employees to ensure understanding of and adherence to contract law related to the business.
• Manages multiple small- to medium-sized projects.
• Advises and represents the organization on legal issues concerning contract matters.
• Creates proposals, negotiates and executes contracts.
• Provides legal advice on warranty and contract administration.
• Prepares legal documentation for legal and contract negotiations and relationships.
• Prepares legal applications for warranty and new contracts, as needed.
• Maintains historical legal records.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 10 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 14 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms