ENG-PWPR-CO-OP, Project EngineeringBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01333831 Date posted 07/10/2019 City Aguadilla State Puerto Rico Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW222: P&W Puerto Rico, Road 110 North Km28.8, San Antonio Industrial Park, Aguadilla, PR 00603 USA
Pratt and Whitney Puerto Rico is an Aerospace Engineering Center located in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico who design, evaluate and support gas turbine engines, airframe systems, and other aerospace products in the areas of software, drafting, structures analysis, modeling, mechanical design, tool design and others.
The Hot Section Engineering (HSE) group at Pratt & Whitney Puerto Rico is currently looking for a motivated and talented CO-OP to join its team. In this role, the Intern will get exposure to and learn engineering skills necessary to support the phases of programs from inception through completion. Coordinates the administrative and operational aspects of ongoing projects within program guidelines. Reviews project and budget status, manages schedules and prepares reports. Monitors and assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer-satisfaction goals and objectives. Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test. Meets program schedules and budgets and maintains the integrated master schedules for project(s).
It is an exciting time at Pratt & Whitney Puerto Rico! This is an unique opportunity for a college student in engineering to get high-quality industrial experience and potentially start a long career in Engineering.
Specific responsibilities of this role include:
- Participates in the preparation and maintenance of project plans, budgets, and staffing requirements to ensure that all action item lists are completed and project quality expectations are met.
- May estimate costs, resources, and time required to complete projects to ensure business targets are met.
- Gathers data to monitor projects' progress in terms of cost, schedule and technical specifications to facilitate operations and ensure that established objectives and budgets are achieved.
- Prepares plans and progress reports relating to business aspects of the project(s) to ensure that established targets are met.
- Escalates project problems and develops recommendations for solutions to ensure the successful completion of projects.
Education and Qualifications:
Candidates should be pursuing a Bachelor Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Civil or Aerospace Engineering with a minimum of 30 credits completed. U.S. citizenship is required; positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Successful candidates will be expected to
- Be fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Have experience with Microsoft office Applications
- Work on hard problems independently with little supervision, yet assuring good coordination with team members to achieve project goals
- Be a strong team player in a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment
- Communicate effectively to both technical peers and senior management
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms