Senior Software EngineerBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01315323 Date posted 05/14/2019 City Cedar Rapids State Iowa Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
We are currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Flight Displays Systems/Host Based Systems team. Tasks include decomposing high level requirements, software development, verification, and supporting certification activities for the Collins Pro Line Fusion flight decks. Additionally the candidate will have the opportunity to work on the tools used for verification include Ocelot for harness based verification and Virtual Integrated Software Testbed for Avionics (VISTA). Compliance with internal Avionics development standards and processes will be required. Additional tasks could include change management, bidding, project planning for multiple internal customers, and internal resource management.
- Designing, developing and testing embedded software in avionics products
- Collaborating on software requirements and design
- Implementing and testing software
- Helping to solve complex software and systems problems
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline (STEM degree is highly preferred) and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
- Excellent communications skills to communicate technical issues and status in both written and oral form
- Excel working in a team environment, establishing collaborative relationships with co-workers
- Consistently produce superior results, keeping projects on schedule and contributing to a positive work environment
Preferred, but not required, experience/skills with any of the following:
- DO-178B/C software development experience
- FAA Part 25 certification or similar
- Agile development processes
- Presagis VAPS XT® or other human machine interaction experience
- Scripting languages such as Python or Perl
- Change Management processes and tools
- ARINC 661 familiarity
- C/C++, C#, Python, and/or Perl development
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms