Principal Systems EngineerBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01316505 Date posted 05/13/2019 City Cedar Rapids State Iowa Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
The next chapter of our future as an aerospace company is here, and we are excited about what this means for our employees and customers! Get onboard the Collins Aerospace Operations team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. The Operations team continues to grow and aims to strengthen the connection of Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain and Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) across Collins Aerospace. In this dynamic environment , you will have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
This position will provide an exciting opportunity to work closely with world-wide teams within the Advance Manufacturing Engineering & Technology (AME&T) organization. The position is for a Systems Engineer within our AME&T Digital Tools and Systems department. The role will have a focus on Smart Factory initiatives and will require collaboration with other manufacturing facilities and contributing teams.
- Perform industry research to understand Technology changes and trends to drive Collins Aerospace’s Digital Transformation and present findings to a cross functional team
- Develop an understanding of Industry 4.0/Smart Factory/IIoT technologies that include: wireless sensor networks, control systems, automation, Integration to enterprise systems, and data analytics, and provide a concise summary of findings
- Identify elements that will improve processes and productivity
- Analyze data and trends to identify problems and opportunities, and make recommendations to reduce gaps
- Participate in the definition of Smart Factory Technology roadmaps (for example Manufacturing Execution System) that aligns Security Compliance and Digital Technology
- Complete requirements gathering, scope definition, solution architecture, gap identification and gap resolution for Manufacturing Execution/Shop Floor initiatives.
- Work with our team and Digital Technology to define site level Infrastructure assessments that will be used to identify gaps prior to deployment of digital solutions
Effectively communicate ideas and findings to diverse teams and different locations around the company
- Candidate should be familiar with Factory/Manufacturing Automation, Productions Systems, and Computer Integrated Manufacturing. Candidate should have working knowledge of process work instructions, manufacturing routings, and product Bill of Materials (BOM). In addition, the ideal candidate will have:
- Experience with integration of manufacturing systems including business process domain knowledge and data flows, especially related to production order execution.
- Has systems, development, and problem solving skills, and is capable of performing data analysis for business case.
- Creation of architectures and modeling of data flows to establish a manufacturing digital thread in support of Smart Factory initiative.
- This position may lead capability studies, software and hardware selection process.
- Integration of tools and databases within the digital manufacturing thread.
- Understanding of data collection and predictive analysis
- Ability to drive results in a matrixed environment
- Strong business acumen and ability to translate new technology into business value
- Understanding of the various levels of a manufacturing enterprise architecture (ref ISA-95) including physical machines, intelligent devices, and Manufacturing Execution/Operations Management Systems (MES/MOM).
- Experience with cyber and/or cyber-physical systems security protocols
- Experience with Programmable Logic Controllers, MTConnect, and/or Transactional Automation (use of API, XML)
- Excellent project management skills, communication skills and executive presence
- Highly organized with attention to detail and active follow-up
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and Excel required. Proficiency in MS Access.
- Read and interpret contracts and statements of work to determine project scope or team/capability gaps
- Technical data gathering and document creation for submittal to customers
- Work with the program and/or technical project managers to develop the program execution plan and primary execution responsibilities to ensure projects remain within budget, on schedule and meet requirements
Candidates for this role should possess a STEM Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and 3 years of prior relevant experience
US Citizenship or Permanent Residence is required.
- Able to travel periodically to benchmark
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms