Senior Software Engineer - Mission Systems Air Combat TrainingBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01310871 Date posted 05/09/2019 City Cedar Rapids State Iowa Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
Senior Software Engineer - Mission Systems
Air Combat Training - Flight Simulation
"I feel the need...the need for speed!" If you like the movie “Top Gun”, you will love the Collins Aerospace Test and Training Instrumentation (T&TI) Engineering Department, and the opportunities we have for you to develop our military's future Air Combat Training (ACT) system with us.
Collins Aerospace is a pioneer in the development and deployment of innovative communication solutions for government applications. The T&TI Engineering Department develops state-of-the-art test and training range products for cryptographic, datalink, networking, and command and control applications. We specialize in the development of high quality, highly secure training solutions for the U.S. military, laying the foundation for Live Virtual Constructive (LVC) capabilities. T&TI Engineering is responsible for all product line and engineering tasks related to the design, analysis, test and certification of ACT systems (just like Top Gun), maturing products from concept phase through accreditation and factory production.
- Our T&TI Software Development Engineering team is looking for a dynamic full stack Senior Software Engineer.
- The candidate will be a contributing member on an Agile scrum team developing Java 8 applications on RHEL 7.x.
MUST HAVE Requirements:
- U.S. Citizenship required
- 5+ years of software development experience and a Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
- Adaptable to change, enjoys extensive collaboration with the development team, and contributes to our positive work environment
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to branch/merge on large complex project using Git
NICE TO HAVE Skills:
- OOA / OOD architectures and design patterns experience
- Full-stack Java development capability
- Android or UI development is a plus
- Experience in developing products for military applications meeting government security or safety standards
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms