Gage Room Technician, 1st ShiftBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01287418 Date posted 01/16/2019 City Carroll State Iowa Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HIA01: Engine Comp (TFT) - Carroll 400 N Bella Vista Dr, Carroll, IA, 51401 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
- Prepare to inspect by interpreting blueprints, data, and manuals to determine specifications, inspection and testing requirements.
- Review paperwork to ensure completion and accuracy of all documents Calibration Certs and Records
- Maintain the gage calibration tracking database.
- Work with 3rd party calibration provider to cording onsite and offsite calibration of all gages.
- Calibrate simple gaging in house.
- Review prints and help Quality department determine gaging needs for shop floor.
- Visually inspect and determine when gages need repaired or replaced.
- Assist the Quality Engineers in creating and maintaining programs for automated inspection equipment (Vision Systems, CMM, etc).
- Support and follow all rules/guidelines/standards set by EHS, Quality and CI functions as set by your leader and position.
- All other duties and assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
Due to federal regulation or contracting requirements, this position is only available to U.S. persons. At this time, Collins Aerospace will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
- Basic manufacturing knowledge, i.e. techniques, tools, and principles and processes involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluently in English.
- Position requires FPI Level 2 certification within 6 months of employment. This will require initial training at the West Des Moines Facility.
- 6+ months in a progressive manufacturing environment, inspection experience preferred
- General knowledge of inspection gages and tools
- Basic knowledge of the Quality Management System, including internal requirements and procedures
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Moderate Proficiency in shop math, geometry, and algebra
- Moderate proficiency with detailed drawings including geometric tolerances, dimensions, general features and blueprint reading
- General Computer skills (email, internet, basic MS Office including excel)
- Moderate proficiency in verbal, written and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees and management
- Moderate proficiency utilizing gaging including attribute and variable gages
- Strong attention to detail
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.