Associate, International Trade ComplianceBusinesses Carrier Job ID 01286479 Date posted 01/16/2019 City Charlotte State North Carolina Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAN05: CCS-Charlotte, NC 5900 Northwoods Business Pkwy, Charlotte, NC, 28269 USA
UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
Carrier is the world’s leader in high-technology heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration solutions. Carrier is a part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
We are seeking a highly motivated International Trade Compliance Associate (ITC) to join our global Commercial HVAC business. The ITC Associate will work with a group of ITC professionals for Carrier Corporation and key affiliates globally.
The nature of our global business is complex, and we rely on our (ITC) team to help us get the job done and our products across international borders efficiently and economically. As a valued partner across our business, the ITC team plays a key role in our company’s success.
Our team members bring their passion, expertise and humor to everything they do, from safeguarding our employees' creative ideas to helping us maintain the highest standards of ethical behavior. Enjoy working with diverse groups? Want opportunities to grow your career at a fast-paced, global enterprise? If you want to gain international trade expertise through a global platform, our team could be a great fit for you.
Assist in daily activities of Carrier Corporation’s international trade activities, including custom procedures, Harmonized Tariff Classification, Country of Origin, Valuation and Compiling non-preference certificate of origin affidavits for shipments for all appropriate Free Trade Agreements (FTAs). The International Trade Compliance Specialist will:
- Support any Free Trade Agreement precertification process
- Support issues related to the Harmonized Tariff Code Mismatch Process
- Coordinate with third party providers (freight forwarders, Customs Brokers) that handle the Company’s imports/ exports and provide clearance instructions to facilitate the release of import/export shipments and work with the ITC team to ensure service provides meet the key performance indicators on all deliverables
- Understand INCO Terms and work with our business partners to ensure that trade crosses international borders in accordance with the contracted terms
- Analyze import data to support Carrier’s Duty mitigation program under the preferential treatment or duty drawback/mitigation processes
- Support annual U.S. Customs reconciliation activities
- Remain up to date on current events, such as analyzing changing tariffs resulting from changes in the preferential duty programs or additional tariffs that may be levied from time to time. This includes changes in Free Trade Agreements or economic status as a result of policy changes
- Conduct periodic compliance training and answer day-to-day compliance questions
- Provide support to the ITC team regarding reporting and other administrative requirements
Knowledge of or a willingness to learn
- US Customs Regulations, NAFTA
- Export Administration Regulations (EAR)
- Background in Finance, Accounting, Economics or a related field.
- Licensed Customs Broker or willingness to obtain in the future
- Experience with Customs and/or Foreign Trade Regulations
- Experience with multiple ERP and Global Trade Management systems
- Export Licensing ITAR (Intl Traffics and Arms Regulations)
Nothing matters more to CCS than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Bachelor’s Degree
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.